Looking for support

Hi guys!

I'm coming up fast on my wedding (end of nov, less than a month to go) and a non-fitting dress has spurred me on to lose that stubborn stone that I seem to keep losing and gaining! A lot of it's down to emotional overeating, so I thought it would be useful to come on here (came upon it by chance, yay).

Like many seasoned dieters, I have a pretty encyclopaedic knowledge of what I should eat... but, it's the head stuff that goes with that that I get stuck with. So, having some friendly souls to share the journey with would be great.

Basically, I want to lose as much as I can before the wedding (dress can be altered, but I want to look GOOD in it) and then keep it up and work out how to maintain, which is the bit I have the trouble with.

Noticed you guys have a maintaining forum which is great! But before that, gotta lose the weight!

I don't want to weigh myself - that has tended to mess with my head in the past - so I'm going by how my clothes fit. My wedding dress first and foremost, but also a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear for aaages.

Basically, I want to go from a large size 14 to a small size 12. No particular time frame, I just want it to STICK!

Feeling apprehensive about this (after so many failures), but I do feel that my attitude is different now as I'm taking into account that the changes - mental and behavioural - that I'm trying to make are for life, not just for Christmas ;)

I've probably waffled on quite enough now. But, hello, and that's where I'm at!

Welcome! I just signed up yesterday, and this is a great and very dynamic group of people.

What plan are you following?

welcome to Mins :D Yes which diet are you following or you having a peek around to see whats best?

Welcome! I just signed up yesterday, and this is a great and very dynamic group of people.

What plan are you following?

Oh goodie, that's great!

I'm doing yer basic calorie counting (and exercise, but I do that anyway, and have found in the past if I step up the exercise too much I just get super hungry!).

How about you?

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your weight loss. :)

welcome to the forum,good luck with the calorie counting? are you using any particular site to help keep track? i recommend my fitness pal, it helps me a lot.

xoxo

welcome to the forum,good luck with the calorie counting? are you using any particular site to help keep track? i recommend my fitness pal, it helps me a lot.

xoxo

Hiya, no, I'm just keeping a running total in my head - writing it down tends to get me too obsessive! Though I do keep a food diary, just not with the calorie ammounts.

Back