Looking for Weight Loss Buddies

Hi everyone,
I would appreciate some support too as I have started again today. Been on the weight loss mission for so many years now I think my body is becoming immune! have tried Weight watchers, slim fast, slimming world, Dukan, starvation, cabbage soup, I think that's it! Lost the most the quickest with Dukan but it messed up my body badly. Slimming World was my next most successful plan and is the easiest to fit around family meals so have decided to go back to it. This support group is full of amazing, inspirational people who are always ready to help with tips, advice and recipes so good luck everyone, perhaps together, we can finally find our healthy, fitter selves?

Hi Pootle, well done on choosing a proper weight loss plan and not a fad!

I'm feeling good today, my scales at home tell me that this week when I weigh in on Thursday I SHOULD get my half stone award, which I'd be over the moon about after my gain last week.

How's everyone else's day been?

Started so well with 2 weeta bix and skimmed milk, a salad for lunch and then homemade beef chilli and rice but then blew all my hard work by eating two Krispy Kreme donuts left over from my weekend trip to Birmingham. They were really delicious but I'm very annoyed with myself now. Never mind, fresh start tomorrow and no donuts to tempt me.

That's what your syns are for though! Just try and have less syns every other day this week and you should still lose :). Depending on which ones you had they probably add up to around 30 syns, so if you have no syns one day you've already made up for it. That's how I look at it if I have a drink at the weekend and go over my syns. I've been trying to keep Sundays syn-free to make up for any overindulgence on Friday or Saturday.

Good point, I didn't think about synning them, thought they'd be too much of a blow out! They were a glazed ring and a strawberries and cream. A whopping amount of syns but actually not too much of a disaster if I try to avoid syns the rest of the week. Thank you for that!

Hi, I all over the place this week I have been sick so eating the quick and easy food like toast? the last thing I feel like is salad etc.. Roll on weigh in Thursday

Hi, I all over the place this week I have been sick so eating the quick and easy food like toast? the last thing I feel like is salad etc.. Roll on weigh in Thursday

Awww, sorry to hear your still feeling under the weather, hope you feel better soon, can get back on your feet diet wise then

Good point, I didn't think about synning them, thought they'd be too much of a blow out! They were a glazed ring and a strawberries and cream. A whopping amount of syns but actually not too much of a disaster if I try to avoid syns the rest of the week. Thank you for that!

Not too much of a disaster at all! This is why I like Slimming World, because you can have an off day and still make up for it. I usually have anything between 20 and 30 syns on a Friday and I've always made up for it by the end of Sunday.

Siobhanh, hope you're feeling better & back on plan soon.

Hi everyone,

Mind if I join this group? I will be having my 3rd weigh in tomorrow. Lost 13lbs in my first two weeks but could definitely do with some support as I have a LOT to lose!

Hope everyone has a great day

Hi everyone,

Mind if I join this group? I will be having my 3rd weigh in tomorrow. Lost 13lbs in my first two weeks but could definitely do with some support as I have a LOT to lose!

Hope everyone has a great day

That's an amazing loss, regardless of how much you have to lose! You should be very proud :) welcome!

Hi Tootyfrooty,
Looks like you've had a great start with your weight loss so far, well done! Hope the weigh in went well? I've sabotaged myself again today by eating a takeaway, was so tired and fed up when I got home from work that I couldn't summon up the motivation or enthusiasm to cook. Lazy I know but I will be good tomorrow.

Congratulations on the losses guys, keep them coming! ^_^

Having a rargh, hair-pulling moment again.
WI on Monday, half a pound on.
I know it's not a big deal in terms of gains, I have gained more in a week but I am getting severely irritated.

Just want to vent on here, I started a thread to see if I am missing a trick with getting closer to my target.
Would it be worth suggesting a recipe to try in this thread as well?

Have you got a food diary on here?

Lots of new people welcome to this thread

i have had had a definite "off plan" day, it's my eldest son 17th birthday today so a few sweet and treats in the house along with a chocolate cake! I made it so needless to say I had to taste it... It only seems like yesterday when I gazed in awe at this beautiful baby and tried to get my head around the fact that I was a mother and now he is 6ft 3 looking down at me.

Back to planning tomorrow, finally feeling a bit better, so will make some soup tomorrow and get back on track.

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies. I am pretty chuffed with my weight loss so far but get weighed tomorrow night and just feel a gain coming on....even though I've stuck to the plan! Oh well, tomorrow will tell! (Hey that rhymes!!) lol

Phoenix girl, it's sooooo frustrating when you get an undeserved gain so I can sympathise. Hope you're not too disheartened. You'll smash it next week I'm sure

Speak tomorrow all. I'm off to dream myself thin :8855:

Good morning folks, 2lbs off so a total of 13lbs for January. I am very happy. I am nearing my danger week 5, my usual routine is do great for the first few weeks then spectacularly fall off the wagon. You would think I could get past it knowing my own history. It's like I feel I am not worth it. Getting deep and meaningful now, just have to believe in myself and say I am worth it (like a shampoo ad lol).

Guess what folks? I managed a whole day of 100% sticking to plan today! No I donuts, crisps, takeaways, just good, healthy food! I can do this!

Awesome well done pootle!

Can I join in? Rejoined Slimming World on the 8th January, so far lost 4.5lbs in 2 weigh ins, tomorrow is weigh in #3. Hoping for at least 2.5lbs to get my half stone award!! But I've quit smoking this week and found myself using all my syns, which is something I don't often do, so that may impact it this week.

Back