Looking for Weight Loss Buddies

Can I join in. Restarted class a few weeks ago but have had the last 2 weeks off one due to work the other due to being away. So now I'm home been back on track for 3 days and now I have got a cold with a lovely cough and no appetite. Hope everyone has a great week xx

Got my stone this week :D 1st 1.5lbs off in total!

Well done, keep it going! ^_^

WI last night and got a pound off, smack on 8 stone lost and I also got greatest loser in my group.
Scales flickered at a pound and a half off but I'll get that half pound as part of my losses next week.

Just a stone and a half to target, hoping to get that before my birthday! :D

Wow well done Phoenix Girl that's fantastic!!! :0clapper:

WI last night and got a pound off, smack on 8 stone lost and I also got greatest loser in my group. Scales flickered at a pound and a half off but I'll get that half pound as part of my losses next week. Just a stone and a half to target, hoping to get that before my birthday! :D[/QUOTE]

Well done xx

Weigh in day today lost another 2.5lbs so happy as I hadn't really been sticking to plan as I had a wedding at the weekend and faultered throughout the week so quite amazed that I managed a loss! Got my first stone award so really happy! X

Hi everyone, can I join in please? I really could do with some support at the moment.

I'm on week 3 back at slimming world and have been doing really well! Lost 6.5lb in my first week and 3.5lb in my second! :)

Just found out yesterday that my dads cancer has came back and I'm so upset I feel like eating a ton of chocolate and drinking a bottle of vodka. ?

Really don't want to give up though!

2.5lbs off for me this week so 1 stone 4lbs overall :)

Hayley809 I'm trying to quote your post but the app won't let me for some reason. Sorry to hear about your dad, my mum had cancer at a relatively young age so I know how difficult it is to get through. The way I see it is, as difficult as it may be, don't let any outside sources stop you from achieving your goal. Have a blowout if you feel like you need it, but get right back on the horse again once you've done it.

Hi everyone, can I join in please? I really could do with some support at the moment.

I'm on week 3 back at slimming world and have been doing really well! Lost 6.5lb in my first week and 3.5lb in my second! :)

Just found out yesterday that my dads cancer has came back and I'm so upset I feel like eating a ton of chocolate and drinking a bottle of vodka. ?

Really don't want to give up though!

I totally agree with wine! I'm very sorry to hear about your dad, but as wine said if you feel you need a blowout go for it and go 100% when you're finished. We all understand :) best of luck to your dad! Cancer will be beaten one day and that day is sooner than we think!

*shuffles in*

Can I join, please :)?

Having a bit of a difficult couple of weeks. I've noticed my losses really stalling. I did lose 2lb last week, but the weight didn't come off until the day before weigh in, and that was because I was really ill with what I suspect was a vomiting bug or food poisoning. Last month, I was getting losses like that without anything bad like illness happening to me. This week, I seem to have gained 2lb! I've been really good, and it is starting to get me down, watching my partner eat Chinese takeaway (on weigh day as well!) and looking on longingly at others consuming all the unhealthy food I am craving. We are all different, though, and at least I know I am making a lifestyle change for the better. Still, sometimes I wish my body behaved more like others' and I didn't have to watch what I eat so much - it is likely my medication, which I started last year, is to blame. My weight went up to 10 stone practically overnight when I started it, so I'm concerned I'm going to have to call target early. I'd like to at least get into the healthy BMI range comfortably before I give up. I'm quite short, so everyone really noticed my weight gain last year, especially since I used to be quite (arguably, too) small.

I hope I can beat this, and would love to chat to like-minded people - hopefully I can lend an ear as well, and we can do this together!

Last edited:
sounds like we're all having a good week, well done everyone :)

Hi Hayley, so sorry to hear about your Dad, it's a rubbish thing to go through :( Some things you just have no control over no matter how much you'd like to, and that's a rubbish feeling too. But some things you can control, and a weight loss journey is one of those things. It does help in these situations sometimes to have something to focus on that firstly you can be in charge of and secondly makes a positive difference in your life. Good Luck!

Hi Wendolene, are you keeping a food diary hun? Drinking enough water? Maybe you need to shake it up a little and try some new recipes? Well done for not having Chinese takeaway when your partner was! With that kind of willpower and determination I'm sure you will get to goal :)

If you did fancy Chinese though there are lots of things you could have and still stay on plan, for example 360g of beef in black bean sauce is only 5 syns and 380g of chicken chow mein is 7 syns. Yummy :)

Last edited:
Hi flashharry,

You could well be right about water intake - I do aim for 5-6 cups of fluid a day, but it is often herbal tea, rather than straight water. Maybe I'll try aiming for 6 glasses of water today :). I do sometimes have to force myself to drink during these colder months, when you tend not to get thirsty very often.

Typical food diary for me would be:

Breakfast: 2 bananas, 2 satsumas, 2 double chocolate crisp Hi-Fi Light bars (HExB), rooibos and vanilla infusion tea with milk (HExA) and sweetener.

Lunch: Homemade tomato and basil soup (from Slimming World 'Pub Grub Classics' pull-out).

Afternoon drink: Rooibos and vanilla infusion tea with milk (HExA) and sweetener.

Supper: Barbecue chicken (Slimming World recipe, 1 syn), boiled white rice and mixed garden salad, 2 glasses of tap water.

Evening drink: 'Feel Good' non-alcoholic Peach Bellini (4.5 syns).

Total syns = 5.5

I do find it hard to use all my milk up for the day, and unfortunately I have a real dislike of dairy, so drinking it on its own is a challenge. I don't know if that would make a difference?

I drink a lot of peppermint tea and as it's basically hot water with some herbs in I count it as water lol.

I also struggle to use all my HEX A, I often don't use all my daily milk allowance and rarely eat cheese.

Your food diary looks fine to me. It's going to get harder the closer you get to target. Maybe drop one of the breakfast bananas for a week and see if that makes a difference? And if that doesn't work maybe do the opposite and up your syns a little, if you're only using generally 5.5 a day that's less than half your allowance. I find if I have too few I don't lose, but I have a lot more weight to get off lol :)

Are you doing any body magic?

Hi flashharry,

Yes, I love peppermint tea :)! So refreshing, and guilt-free!

To be honest, the two bananas was because they were starting to look very overripe in the fruit bowl and I hate throwing stuff away. I remember spending my first week snacking on those and grapes, not realising they weren't speed food - whoops.

I do have a bad habit of under-synning, as I tend to eat out at least once a week and like to save up for then. Having said that, I rarely drink alcohol (usually just tap water with a meal), and I mainly eat at Prezzo, where I can have a light Penne Arrabbiata, with a side salad and low calorie dressing for 383 calories, so I hope it isn't too high on the syn front. I'll definitely try your suggestion of upping my syns, as I do feel like I'm being too hard on myself sometimes.

Trying out new recipes sounds a great idea! Since I'm still quite new to all this, I'm still discovering the possibilities for tasty meals (I love the barbecue chicken, chicken in black bean sauce and tikka masala!).

I don't officially do Body Magic, but I try to go for a brisk walk at least a couple of times a week. Yesterday, I went out walking for about an hour. I love being close to nature and I live in the countryside, so I also took my camera with me - it was a beautiful sunny day. Hopefully I can gradually build up my activity levels after being sedentary for so long.

Back