loose skin??

curvygirlyclaire

Silver Member
May sound wierd, but I was wondering if some people get excess skin as the weight comes off very fast, anyone know?

Yes awful. Already spoken to my doctor has recommended me for tummy tuck because he can see that I'm working hard to tone up but my tummy skin won't tighten. 3 kids and life I guess :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well I'm 75kgs now lost 12 since October. But years ago was 94 so he is well pleased with my efforts and says surgeons are happy to help those who make an effort to help themselves x

I have lost 87lbs now (over 6 stones) and have some loose skin, mostly around the tummy, bum, boobs and thighs. Some places are worse than others. Obviously it's a tad distressing, but it's not as bad as being morbidly obese and fat, I'd rather be slim and saggy :)

I've been using various creams etc, none of it makes any difference. When Im done I shall talk to my doctor about surgery but I am not in the least bit hopeful so I guess we just gotta get used to it.

Pigtotwig, i love your name lol! It is a bit worrying I must admit about getting saggy skin, but like you said cookeh, i'd rather be slim and a bit saggy, i'm hoping nothing a good old pair of bridget jones pants can't sort out lol. luckily hubby said he is prepared to save up for me to have a tummy tuck if it's needed and I want one which is reasuring :)

Also I read in a magazine that a lady lost lots of weight and had a saggy tummy, so she took up hula hooping and it tightened the muscles underneath and over time her belly went, so I may try that when the hula hoop swings around me and doesn't resemble a belt :p lol __________________

Hehe that's a great idea. Sometimes its still excess fat under the tissue weighing it down, I know some of mine is but thighs and butt a little saggy hehe its not bothering me yet, when me boobs finally go that's when it'll affect my confidence. I'm massive busted so it won't be pretty, even now its pretty bad. I don't have a partner tho so no too worried yet.

Would not let that worry you. The right man will love you for you. Sometimes they like you to be less than perfect so others don't want you lol. Dream on I want perfection . :) . . Oh my name yes if only . YeRs ago people said I looked like sigourney weaver . And then year or so ago someone at the gym took to calling me it so I sort of adopted it for passwords and names and I kind of makes me feel pretty cos not that keen on my real name anyway . Does that sound silly . ? X

Nothing sounds silly if it gives u a boost! I agree Sigourney, the right man will love you for you, i'm lucky my husband has never preasurred me to loose weight even though i was a size 10/12 when i met him 15 yrs ago and now size 22 after both kids and then comfort eating. x

Lol. More to cuddle up to and love then :) . It is awful how we let weight run our lives. Like I said I have lost lots recently got bored of not being able to shift the last two stone. Had lots say I look good , some say look I'll or tired. Can't win can you really, sort your body out a little and your face pays the price. Think us newbies on here should make a new resolution to not be self critical . Friend of mine used to tell herself she was beautiful in the mirror everyday to get over a past that made her doubt herself. It worked she became super confident x

Back