Losing 4 stone in 5 months possible?

Becky1993

I've just started my calorie counting diet and want to lose about 4 stone by the beginning of October when I go back to university for my second year. I feel like my weight (which was 15:11 up until about 8 weeks ago) has really held me back at uni though, i've not been very outgoing due to feeling like I look awful when I go out in comparison to my slim friends so I'd normally opt to stay in and just comfort eat. I've decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and change that and I'd like to go back to uni in October as a 'new' me. Cliche I know but for 19 years its put me down and I finally want to start to enjoy my life and its opportunities. I'm aiming for 4 stone in 5 months, do-able? In about 2 weeks time I'll be joining the gym and will go about 4 times a week and I'm going to do my best to ditch alcohol and eat healthily.

Any advice or success stories would be great! :)

4 stone in 5 months is do-able. However, don't beat yourself up if it isn't coming off at the speed you hope for. The worst thing to do is to think it isn't coming off so you might as well go back to eating any way you like. You'll probably have to be quite strict with how you eat to manage it as your not massively into the obese category. But just keep at it and you will have a difference before you restart.

Back