Losing inches not lbs - anyone else experiencing this on sw???

Its my 4th week back at SW -

first week lost 3.5lbs
2nd week gained 0.5lb
3rd week lost 1.5lbs
4th week gained 1lb - my engagement ring has fallen off, i am down to a size 16 instead of an 18, i work out 4 times a week in the gym doing cardio only and i am following the extra easy plan... uuurrggghhh.... anyone else experiencing similar.. I wont give up but its very disheartening when a leader doesnt believe that you are following the plan becos there is no weight loss but my clothes are falling off me. Have my gym assessment on friday morning with my personal trainer..looking forward to it... :) sorry for ranting was in tears when i left the class yesterday.. its so frustrating:(

You have done really well so far - and surely it's about making yourself look and feel better, the facts that you've dropped a dress size and your ring is falling off should make you feel amazing. It may not be showing on the scales yet but the losses are definitely there.

I have been very slow with my loss too, but I am definitely beginning to feel a difference in my clothes etc so I'm not getting disheartened and definitely not giving up. After all, as the weeks go on, I know i'm going to feel better and better about how I look and that's the main aim for me.

Please don't give up, I promise the weight loss will happen at some point - it has to!! xx

Hi Maverick,

Thank you for your kind words - I guess I just needed some re-assurance about it :)

This is a lifestyle change for me and I never want to go back to emotional eating again.. really enjoying the SW program - i know im eating better and i love exercising, so yes I feel better and my other half has said that I am looking trimmer :)

I suppose I was disheartened as I had given myself a timeline to reach my 10 per cent goal by and I was thinking I wasnt going anywhere with it... felt like i was plateu-ing in the first few weeks rather than losing loads initially and then reach a plateau later on...

Thanks for listening

Lou xxx

No worries - as I say, I'm in a similar position, I've been on plan for about 8 weeks and only lost 5.5lb. Out of all that time, I've only had one weekend off plan, where I gained half an lb. I'd much rather it came off really slowly, then gaining massively whenever i go a little off track!! x

Fattymcfat said:
Its my 4th week back at SW -

first week lost 3.5lbs
2nd week gained 0.5lb
3rd week lost 1.5lbs
4th week gained 1lb - my engagement ring has fallen off, i am down to a size 16 instead of an 18, i work out 4 times a week in the gym doing cardio only and i am following the extra easy plan... uuurrggghhh.... anyone else experiencing similar.. I wont give up but its very disheartening when a leader doesnt believe that you are following the plan becos there is no weight loss but my clothes are falling off me. Have my gym assessment on friday morning with my personal trainer..looking forward to it... :) sorry for ranting was in tears when i left the class yesterday.. its so frustrating:(

Are you quite new to exercise? My leader was telling us that when you first start doing exercise that your body holds onto the water.. Or something like that! I'm not sure but she says after a few weeks of starting exercise that you should start to lose.

Hope this makes sense, I haven't started on my body magic yet but am prepared that I probably won't lose when I first start it.

Perhaps someone else could explain what I mean! X

I dont know about the water retention - i sip water throughout my workout and i usually drink 1.5l to 2 litres a day, i get water retention during my period so I drink dandelion tea or camomile tea to relieve it. Maybe it could be that too...lol...I have been working out the past 2-3 months.. I have my next session with my personal trainer on friday morning at 7am, she has a body fat percentage machine and she know my measurements - so I guess I will find out then lol:)

roll on friday - need a pick-me-up ! I keep a journal on the SW website- i use that website all the time - i love the recipes and all the information that they provide - great support network there:)

Hi Fattymcfat,

I definitely have weeks where I don't lose much (if at all) despite being on plan but feel that I get smaller (sometimes shrinking more than the weeks when I do lose) so don't be too worried. However it is hard when you don't see the scales move (or move the wrong way).

Good luck.

Gail x

Hi there

Went to my gym assessment this morning - i have lost 4lbs since tues evening, lost 2.5 inches from my waist, half an inch from thighs, half an inch from arms, half an inch from hips, my body fat is down by 2% and my bmi is down... hurray...plus i did a pretty good workout this morning:) its nice to see and feel the results - she explained to me that I was in fact burning fat that was replaced by muscle and I was going to see more of this - she changed my workout plan and has given me goals to complete in five weeks time:)

Thank you for your responses and your support - i was down when I posted and I really do appreciate your responses - it has helped me.

Thank you all so much

Lou x

Wow Fattymcfat, get you with your inch loss !!!! I think inch loss is better in a way because you can actually SEE it, whereas sometimes the numbers on the scales may be changing but you cant see it in your clothes. Well done for not being disheartened, it paid off for you :)

I've lost 5.5lb so far in 7 weeks and was so pleased that I'd taken my measurements before I started as I was able to cheer myself up by taking them again (2 inches off my bust, 2 off my waist and 1/2 off my hips) :)

You're doing great! Plus I wouldnt worry about your consultant not thinking you're sticking to plan, you know you are and thats what matters!

Well done, you must feel amazing now!! And Gobolino is right, you want to look better, not just know that you weigh less. Your trainer sounds great too, imagine how different your body will be in 5 weeks!!! x

Back