Losing more than 6 stone, feel free to add me

cookie1975

Hi all my name is Caroline and I'm 35 years old, i started back at WW on the 8th Jan 2011 having previously lost 45 lbs about 4 years I am ashamed to say i put it all back on L, I've joined this site to chat to different people about weight loss and listen to other peoples stories. Unlike a lot of people i don't really have a specific reason to want to lose weight apart from doing it for myself, wanting to gain more confidence and to feel happier all-round.

I've also joined my local gym and i go 3-4 times a week. I'm going to be logging my weekly weight loss on here (every Thursday evening) I'm sure there will be ups and downs along the way as i have a long way to go and it seems to be a bit hit and miss at the moment. As I've only managed 7lb's in 5 weeks, less than i wanted to but better than nothing or a gain.

I don't have that many friends who want to lose weight with me so I'm doing things on my own, so all support greatly appreciated!!

Good on ya, I think those are the best reasons anyway, to do it for yourself!

I'm also going it alone, but this forum is a great support :) I intend to join the gym. One day.....!

Welcome to the club :)

Thanks Girlies, just get those people who've lost 10+ Lb in a few weeks and wonder how?!?! When I'm only losing a couple of lbs here and there

Even though I never go over points or use weekly or activity points I even put on 1/2 a Lb 2 weeks ago

When you expect bigger numbers coz your busting a gut at the gym and don't get them it's disappointing :-/ put I'm persevering

Hi there,

and congrats on the weight loss so far! It can be rather daunting when you have a lot to lose. I know after the birth of my second child I was around 16stone, and never thought I would get any of it off. I lost a couple of stone over time just with being more active, but when I hit 14 stone I knew I wanted another 5 stone off and it seemed like it would take forever. I took a break in my weight loss, to maintain - I figured if I allowed my body time to get used to being a new weight I wouldn't be tempted to put it all back on afterwards, and it has worked for me...
and now have the final 2 stone to lose... the funny thing is that 9 stone now feels further away than it did when I first started, even though it's obviously not...

Good luck with it all. I am doing it on my own too, all my friends are either already slim, or completely content with being overweight - but this board definitely helps!

xsamx

Hi sam

Exactly my prob friends wise I don't have that many friends to start with (because of feeling I embarrass them by being seen with someone my size)
The others are slim, I have a gym buddy she's lost 3 stone 5lb on her own I go every other day with her needless to say she's far more into the whole jogging thing than me, I just power walk uphill rowing machine and bike.

It's a lonely journey at times but I want to get to a place where I'm happy being me (if that makes sense)

C x

Well I went too the gym today and I'm showing a 3.8 kg loss weight wise, however I've put on 3.1 kg in muscle. Instructor said if I hadnt put on muscle then id've lost over 6kg in 5 weeks so gotta be happy with that as muscle boosts metabolism so I'm burning more fat all The time

Oh that's fantastic, well done!!! You should be really proud of yourself :D
Yes, I know what you mean about size and feeling you will embarrass someone because of your size, I was always very self concious about having very slim friends before; and I think I still am now too, but just not as bad... I think it's all about confidence isn't it, and it's hard when you dislike something about how you look to be confident - it will come with time tho I am sure :) xox

p.s. if you're on facebook you should add me :D x

If you don't mind, I'll add you on Facebook myself :) I read there that you attended the Open University Sam. What's your degree in?

thank you Sam! Your degree is really interesting, what year are you in?

hannata: 7 stone will soon be a bad memory. I've lost over 80 lbs with ww from the moment I started... you won't even notice, because it's such a great diet :) Welcome to WW!

hannata: thanks very very much #blushes#

stick to the diet and you'll see, it will work :)

Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey. I have another 6st 3lbs to lose. Such a scary thought! My weigh ins are also on a Thursday evening, so good luck today! Tonight will be my second weigh in!! Will keep checking in with you to see how you're getting on. The start is very daunting, but hopefully soon it will feel like it's easily achievable. I haven't felt deprived at all so far on the diet, so can definitely see it working and being able to maintain! My target was to lose 2lbs a week (average) every week for 2011. By NYE 2012 - I'm not going to recognise myself haha

We can and will do this!!

well done on ur losses so far, I too have a lot to lose and wi on a Thursday night tonight I lost 3lb, I joined a gym last Fri and have been 4 times and swimming mostly do cardio, so maybe thats y I lost 3lb this week. I don't use my weeklies either but do use all my daily's.

will be great seeing how we all do on this wonderful journey, it does seem quite daunting, I don't look at my ultimate target rather monthly targets ie lose 8 in 4 wks etc find that is keeping me motivated.

What is really funny is I joined my 16 yr old daughter up to the gym as well, she is very slim and walks everywhere and yet I could do more cardio at the gym she really is unfit, so I am having to motivate HER lol

Excellent stuff well done on losing 3 as well, mine started slowly coming off only lost a lb each week to start but I'm on week 6 and lost 10 so it's evening out. I find The benefits of the gym a bigger incentive as if you build muscle it boosts metabolism and burns fat without doing a lot and more likely to stay off long term

Firstly well done on joining WW. Thats the worst bit out of the way i think. You are now on the way to a newer you. Also the only person controlling your journey is you so stick at it and youll do great. I have about 12 stone to lose to get to 'ideal' weight so know how your feeling. Oh and regarding the whole feeling fat with your friends thing, if they dont accept you for who you are then sod em girly :D

Back