Losing weight but still big thighs...

bugsbunny2000

Proud to be a LOSER :)
Hey all

Random post!

I've noticed that while I have lost 10.5lbs, 7cm from my hips, 6cm from my waist and (apparently) 2cm from my thighs... My thighs still look HUGE! I got some trousers today - size 12 - the waist was a little bigger than it should have been but the legs were so tight still that the trousers wouldn't come up completely and ripped slightly when I sat down. I go to the gym and all my classes would (in theory) work my legs out (dance, Zumba, swimming, leg press, treadmill...)

So why is the weight not dropping off from that area too?!

Is it possible to lose weight there?! Or by exercising am i just toning up and gaining muscle and will be that size forever?

I sound slightly dramatic but it's a worry as I don't see the point in having a slim waist and hips but tree trunks still! My thighs are 23.5 inches. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

first of all, congratulations about your loss and especially about the cms that you've lost around your waist and hips!

As for your legs, just tell me about it... they're the last place I too lose weight from, especially my knees. What I can tell you is that they indeed go down, it just takes time and dedication. I have been a goal for almost 2 years and my legs have improved a lot. I walk twice a week around 8 miles every time, trying to mix walking and running. Recently I also bought some ankle weights and I use them every day when I do exercise and during my walk I used them yesterday.

Thing is, you don't have any control around where you lose weight, and any body will consider some fat reserves more important than others, depending on your body shape. You need to let your body get rid of these reserves. All you can do is follow the plan to the letter, exercise 4 or 5 times a week (long distance, steady exercise is the best, like walking!) and eventually your legs will decrease. Do exercise to your total body, not only your legs: it doesn't really matter where you do the exercise, your body doesn't burn the fat around the muscles that you exercise, it burns fat randomly where it feels is less "crucial" to its survival.

PS: while I was losing weight, I found that boyfriend jeans were the best ones to hide my legs. Flare trousers are also good :)

Thank you! Just nice to know I'm not the only one! I see the ladies in the WW magazines who Have lost lots of weight and the look beautiful with slim legs and I think "mine never do that!". I will keep persevering and hope to see it change as I continue to exercise and lose :) thank you

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have the same problem as you. My thighs are 23 inches as well. I have dropped from a size 16 on top to a size 12 but I can still only fit into size 16 jeans and trousers. I feel like they'll never get slimmer. I would love to be able to wear a dress without tights or shorts.

kagome75 thank you for your post. It really has made me more positive that I will eventually get slimmer thighs. I'm starting an exercise regime from tomorrow using a mixture of Davina's DVDs. I've heard they're great for the legs and then walking as well when I get time.

I know what you mean - what's the point in having a skinny waist/hips and then not being able to wear trousers that fit properly?! So annoying. Good luck x

you sounds like typical pear shapes. My area thats problematic is hip/tummy....like a overhang....i have to be tiny before the damn thing goes - but it does go and the same will be for your legs :)

you sounds like typical pear shapes.

I'm a hourglass shape actually, only 1 cm larger on my hips than on my boobs, with a slim waist, but my thighs have been the last thing to go and I still have slightly larger knees than I should, but that is cellulite I'm afraid :break_diet:

I have the same problem. I was Gok'd last year and told me my waist is 3 inches too small in proportion to my hips (my translation said 'you have a big arse'). I'm a stone into a 3.5 stone journey this time but know I'll never have slim thighs, it's all about dressing to flatter!! Good luck everyone x

Back