Losing weight with friends/family?

Indi

Do any of you have any experience with this?

I'm currently on a weight loss jourey with my best friend. I find having someone to talk to when your about to break it really helps.

i have no one to do it with only the good folks here,,it's great to bounce ideas off someone else tho

Hi I am doing WW with my partner, I started first last week and he joins next week. We go to different classes in London as it's easier - I weigh in at an early morning class before work, he goes to a lunchtime class. No question it makes evening meals easier if you are both following the same plan - no 'naughty' food being brought into the house. But I firmly believe you have to have the right mindset from the off - if I am not doing this for me, then my weightloss journey will fail - so, for example, if he chooses to jack it in or goes off the wagon that does not mean I will.

I agree with pp, you have to have the right mindset yourself. It's great having people to do it with you... i did SW last year with family and we all did great, i lost 1st 9lbs, but then when one of us fell we pretty much all fell within the next few weeks. We continue to have our own "fat club" at home where we weigh in and put money into a tin etc which is great as there is still that element of support but i switched to ww in October. As of last nights' fat club, everyone bar me is back up to where they were when they started sw. I find that because i don't associate the food part of it with them it's easier to stick to on my own. I also find that these boards are really helping - it's great to have support with people who are focused and on the same plan without the day to day emotional attachment iykwim. Plus i love that i can get it on my iphone... support on the move ;) xxx

Back