Loss of appetite

BevBunny

Hello everyone, I've been doing SW for 15 weeks now and have lost almost 2 and a half stone. I'm really pleased with it, and have about a stone to go to my target weight.

We do a combination of Extra easy (3 days a week), original (1 days a week) and green (3 days a week).

I've always enjoyed my food and love cooking so I really like SW as I still get to eat lots of proper food. However, I've suddenly lost my appetite....

Thurs - I forced myself to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner but really struggled and left a lot of dinner.
Friday - I just couldn't bring myself to eat breakfast (usually fruit and fat free yoghurt) but eventually had that at lunchtime as I didn't want lunch. Picked at my dinner (fish stew and cous cous).
Saturday (yesterday) - I just didn't feel like eating all day. I know this will sound odd but I ate some smoked mackeral at lunchtime cos other half was having it and it smelled nice but I didn't want it as soon as I started eating it, then soup for dinner but I only got half way through it.
Today - just don't feel like eating, I decided to make some rice pudding this afternoon as I was trying to think of something I wanted to eat. I ate a bit but didn't enjoy it.

I've spent the last several hours cooking dinner - gammon joint in the slow cooker (with apple juice, orange slices, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves) it smells lovely. I'm intending to do mashed new potato and ratatouille with it. I just don't think I'm going to be able to eat it though. :cry:

I'm really worried about myself, whats wrong with me!? Has this happened to anyone else on SW?

We do it online so I don't go to a meeting, so don't have a SW person too ask. Any ideas?

I've found that I need to reduce my portion sizes now, when I started I'd have huge meals, and be satisfied, but now if I made those same meals again, I would probably leave half of it. Maybe my stomach has shrunk? Anyways, you could try having slightly smaller portions and see if that helps?

Back