1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Loss of appetite

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by BevBunny, 17 October 2010 Social URL.

1. BevBunny

BevBunny Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Healthy eating, using SW as a guide.
    Hello everyone, I've been doing SW for 15 weeks now and have lost almost 2 and a half stone. I'm really pleased with it, and have about a stone to go to my target weight.

We do a combination of Extra easy (3 days a week), original (1 days a week) and green (3 days a week).

I've always enjoyed my food and love cooking so I really like SW as I still get to eat lots of proper food. However, I've suddenly lost my appetite....

Thurs - I forced myself to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner but really struggled and left a lot of dinner.
    Friday - I just couldn't bring myself to eat breakfast (usually fruit and fat free yoghurt) but eventually had that at lunchtime as I didn't want lunch. Picked at my dinner (fish stew and cous cous).
    Saturday (yesterday) - I just didn't feel like eating all day. I know this will sound odd but I ate some smoked mackeral at lunchtime cos other half was having it and it smelled nice but I didn't want it as soon as I started eating it, then soup for dinner but I only got half way through it.
    Today - just don't feel like eating, I decided to make some rice pudding this afternoon as I was trying to think of something I wanted to eat. I ate a bit but didn't enjoy it.

I've spent the last several hours cooking dinner - gammon joint in the slow cooker (with apple juice, orange slices, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves) it smells lovely. I'm intending to do mashed new potato and ratatouille with it. I just don't think I'm going to be able to eat it though. :cry:

I'm really worried about myself, whats wrong with me!? Has this happened to anyone else on SW?

We do it online so I don't go to a meeting, so don't have a SW person too ask. Any ideas?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming world
    I've found that I need to reduce my portion sizes now, when I started I'd have huge meals, and be satisfied, but now if I made those same meals again, I would probably leave half of it. Maybe my stomach has shrunk? Anyways, you could try having slightly smaller portions and see if that helps?
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.