Losses on SW

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by debz32, 20 September 2008 Social URL.

1. debz32

debz32 Gold Member

hello everyone....just havin a shufty round some of the boards that I don't visit so often...

Don't really know much bout SW....seems really complicated....what are the losses like ?

Debz x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. zenabob2105

zenabob2105 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(27.42%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i have lost 2 and half stone in 21 weeks.

but i really enjoy eating, so it's great to eat, be full and still lose.

4. debz32

debz32 Gold Member

well done - that's a great loss :D is it complicated ??

Debz x

5. Doughnut

Doughnut Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    It's not complicated, and it's the only thing I can stick to as I'm a fairly big eater and can't cope with starvation. I love it.

6. debz32

debz32 Gold Member

thanks doughnut......

Debz x

7. northernboi

northernboi Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(23.14%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's not complicated. I've lost around 3-4lbs a week on average. But I'm a bloke with three stone to loose so it will be perhaps a little faster for me than others.

I'm sure if you google Slimming World, you'll find some lengthy reviews that help to describe the diet in more detail.

But basically there are three steps to the diet:

First, you choose a red or green day each day. If you choose a red day, you can have unlimited lean meat, poultry and fish. If you choose a green day, you can have unlimited pasta, rice and potatoes.

Fruit, vegetables and eggs are unlimited regardless of what day you're on.

Secondly, you choose 3-4 'healthy extras' a day. There's a large choice but they include 1/2 pint of milk, a couple of slices of brown bread, a lump of cheese or some pasta, meat fish etc (you only use these as healthy extras if you're on the 'wrong' day to the eat them).

Thirdly, you have 5-15 'syns' per day. These are items such as butter, ketchup, alcohol, chocolate, crisps etc.

I like red days and today I ate:

Breakfast: Sausage (low/no fat), Bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs, baked beans. Fruit

Snack: Yoghurt and fruit

Lunch: Tuna Salad

Snack: Sardines (I know I'm strange but I love them!)

Dinner: Chicken breast with ham and cheese, small potato, roasted veg

Snack: Packet of crisps

Drink: two glasses of red wine.

So in the above day, my breakfast was pretty much free (maybe a syn or two for my sausages!) and I used baked beans as a healthy extra. My yoghurt and fruit are free.

My tuna salad is free, although I sometimes have some salad cream for 1-2 syns. I used another small potato as a healthy extra, and some cheese in my dinner. The rest is free. My crisps are 5 syns or so. And my wine.

I also save a few syns so I can have a drink at the weekend.

Long term eating sustaining weight loss is achieved by increasing healthy extras, not syns.

It's a good diet. It works for me because I can't not eat and just milkshakes all day. I also wouldn't like weight watchers because you count *everything*... even fruit! And if you do their no count thing... you have to stick to three meals a day... which I wouldn't like as I'm a 'snacker'.

It's also a good alternative for those coming off VLCDs I think, because you can do a low carb version of a red day for a week or so to slowly get you out of ketosis. I'm sure slimming world wouldn't recommend that, but a woman I know did it and it worked well for her.

debz32 likes this.
  8. nannydi

nannydi wants a new body

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(15.44%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi i have lost 30lb in 13 weeks averaging 2.3lb per week lol

its easy, i tend to do red days all the time which is loads of lean meat and veg i tend to still be hungry on green days

x

9. loobylou

loobylou Reached Target. woohoo

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(33.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Iv'e lost 46 pounds in 27 weeks, and I have 10 pounds to go to target. I find it quite easy to follow, like anything once you get the idea gist of it. I don't like being hungry and on SW you don't have to be as theres so much you can eat. xxx

10. phishfood

phishfood Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    4 months ago i was new to it completely and i found it hard to work out - just the stress of making sure that i ate the right stuff and didnt eat 'bad' things without realising it. I made so many mistakes - and still do - but most weeks i still manage to shed a pound or two... sometimes even 3!

It is a safe diet in my opinion, there's nothing dodgy or bad for your body in it. Your body is not deprived in any way and manages weight loss slow, steady and forever.

hope this helps you with your own decision. I know that there is a wide range of diets on this site - not everyone will agree with me.

11. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

i've lost 35.5lbs since april - don't know how many weeks that is and i've just had a 2 week holiday, so need to repair a bit of damage!

12. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(11.78%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I started in Feb and had lost 3.5 stone, but have put some back on as I went bit off track!!!! Its not complicated at all - and you can 'cheat' x

13. debz32

debz32 Gold Member

hey guys - thanks a million for all your replies :)

looks like you're all doin great !

It's a diet that I knew absolutely nothing about so that has been very helpful :)

Debz x

14. janie.com

janie.com Full Member

i've lost 3st..............i lose 6lb a month and i don't have to try..........really easy diet.........never had a gain since i started.....:D

15. debz32

debz32 Gold Member

thanks Janie.....well done on the 3stone loss - fantastic :D

Debz x

16. janie.com

janie.com Full Member

got weighed today and lost another 2lb so 3st 4lb now........well chuffed.......:)

17. flipflop

flipflop Just follow the plan

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thats fantastic Janie, well done! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.