Losses on SW

debz32

Gold Member
hello everyone....just havin a shufty round some of the boards that I don't visit so often...

Don't really know much bout SW....seems really complicated....what are the losses like ?

Debz x

i have lost 2 and half stone in 21 weeks.

but i really enjoy eating, so it's great to eat, be full and still lose.

well done - that's a great loss :D is it complicated ??

Debz x

It's not complicated, and it's the only thing I can stick to as I'm a fairly big eater and can't cope with starvation. I love it.

thanks doughnut......

Debz x

It's not complicated. I've lost around 3-4lbs a week on average. But I'm a bloke with three stone to loose so it will be perhaps a little faster for me than others.

I'm sure if you google Slimming World, you'll find some lengthy reviews that help to describe the diet in more detail.

But basically there are three steps to the diet:

First, you choose a red or green day each day. If you choose a red day, you can have unlimited lean meat, poultry and fish. If you choose a green day, you can have unlimited pasta, rice and potatoes.

Fruit, vegetables and eggs are unlimited regardless of what day you're on.

Secondly, you choose 3-4 'healthy extras' a day. There's a large choice but they include 1/2 pint of milk, a couple of slices of brown bread, a lump of cheese or some pasta, meat fish etc (you only use these as healthy extras if you're on the 'wrong' day to the eat them).

Thirdly, you have 5-15 'syns' per day. These are items such as butter, ketchup, alcohol, chocolate, crisps etc.

I like red days and today I ate:

Breakfast: Sausage (low/no fat), Bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, eggs, baked beans. Fruit

Snack: Yoghurt and fruit

Lunch: Tuna Salad

Snack: Sardines (I know I'm strange but I love them!)

Dinner: Chicken breast with ham and cheese, small potato, roasted veg

Snack: Packet of crisps

Drink: two glasses of red wine.

So in the above day, my breakfast was pretty much free (maybe a syn or two for my sausages!) and I used baked beans as a healthy extra. My yoghurt and fruit are free.

My tuna salad is free, although I sometimes have some salad cream for 1-2 syns. I used another small potato as a healthy extra, and some cheese in my dinner. The rest is free. My crisps are 5 syns or so. And my wine.

I also save a few syns so I can have a drink at the weekend.

Long term eating sustaining weight loss is achieved by increasing healthy extras, not syns.

It's a good diet. It works for me because I can't not eat and just milkshakes all day. I also wouldn't like weight watchers because you count *everything*... even fruit! And if you do their no count thing... you have to stick to three meals a day... which I wouldn't like as I'm a 'snacker'.

It's also a good alternative for those coming off VLCDs I think, because you can do a low carb version of a red day for a week or so to slowly get you out of ketosis. I'm sure slimming world wouldn't recommend that, but a woman I know did it and it worked well for her.

hi i have lost 30lb in 13 weeks averaging 2.3lb per week lol

its easy, i tend to do red days all the time which is loads of lean meat and veg i tend to still be hungry on green days

x

Iv'e lost 46 pounds in 27 weeks, and I have 10 pounds to go to target. I find it quite easy to follow, like anything once you get the idea gist of it. I don't like being hungry and on SW you don't have to be as theres so much you can eat. xxx

4 months ago i was new to it completely and i found it hard to work out - just the stress of making sure that i ate the right stuff and didnt eat 'bad' things without realising it. I made so many mistakes - and still do - but most weeks i still manage to shed a pound or two... sometimes even 3!

It is a safe diet in my opinion, there's nothing dodgy or bad for your body in it. Your body is not deprived in any way and manages weight loss slow, steady and forever.

hope this helps you with your own decision. I know that there is a wide range of diets on this site - not everyone will agree with me.

I started in Feb and had lost 3.5 stone, but have put some back on as I went bit off track!!!! Its not complicated at all - and you can 'cheat' x

hey guys - thanks a million for all your replies :)

looks like you're all doin great !

It's a diet that I knew absolutely nothing about so that has been very helpful :)

Debz x

i've lost 3st..............i lose 6lb a month and i don't have to try..........really easy diet.........never had a gain since i started.....:D

i've lost 3st..............i lose 6lb a month and i don't have to try..........really easy diet.........never had a gain since i started.....:D

thanks Janie.....well done on the 3stone loss - fantastic :D

Debz x

Back