lost it again

poppy100

Silver Member
bloodyhell. 1 bottle of wine 4 packets of crisps so far. i have lost it yet again, did do an hours swim today. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Are you home alone? Or do you have company?

at home with husband watching tv.

Alright then, I'm assuming you drank the bottle between you? And shared the crisps?

no all me i am afraid. he rarely drinks as if he does it is red wine. i enjoy sparkling wine and all the crips were mine. i know i just need to start again. just feeling really pathetic. i am either getting it all right or i go off the rails big time. i am an all or nothing girl!

Aw I know it's hard but try not to be too harsh on yourself we are only human and we all have little slip ups... Tomorrow is a new day so a nice new start! An good luck :) x

Get it all out your system & tomorrow is a new day, fresh start. Throw all the things that can tempt you away if u have to. U can do this x

If hubby doesn't drink it can you stop buying it or only buy one bottle a week and then once you've drunk it it's gone and done?!

Crisp - hmmm there's a toughy I've had to cut them completely! X

Sorry story time; my mum (68 yrs) drinks 1-2 bottles of wine every night and eats very little "shes on a diet" cause she can't understand why she is putting on weight! I tell her it's the wine and what she eats while drinking it!!

Hey your figure it out! You are a good step ahead of my mum who still has not figured it is the wine and snacks she can't remember eating :)

its all about choices.. I decided I will no longer drink or snack after dinner.., unless it's water or i have been exercising then i have a low fat/ low sugar items like yogurt or SF jelly.. Or protein shake with skimmed milk :)

Even when I fell off the wagon I still did not snack after dinner.. I needed to break the habit of snacking and TV - which I used to do.. Part of the reason I exercise in the evening.. No chance to sit and have the TV watch me snacking :)

Even if you can cut down to 1 glass it's better than a whole bottle.. The bottle should be ok for a few days in the fridge.. :)

How about if you really have to do this on a weekend saying right I will only do it one night & then the other nights you are tempted thinking "no I only have to wait until Saturday". It still means you won't be 100% or lose as much as you could but it means only one day out of seven is off track.

I am with Kirsty I had to stop crisps altogether as I know they are my danger food. I treated myself to a bag of Walkers baked stars yesterday as a 6 month reward (they are in the house for Conal) & I am sad to say they weren't all that, oh how our tastes change.

Hugs Poppy xx

thanks everyone. just feeling sorry for myself. feel really miffed. i know others go of the rail they dont seem to do it as badly as i do . anyway taking everyones advice and tomorrow is another day.

poppy100 said:
thanks everyone. just feeling sorry for myself. feel really miffed. i know others go of the rail they dont seem to do it as badly as i do . anyway taking everyones advice and tomorrow is another day.

Yes tomorrow is another day :) be kind to yourself changing eating/drinking habits is hard!

Hey I fell over board and was drowning (just couldn't get a grip) for at least a mth.. With support from all the people here and me focusing on whats important.. I climbed back on.. I put 2kg on, and that's with exercising too :(

So ask for help, talk to us, get your hubby to put dish liquid in your wine.. Do not buy crisps!! I have a list of foods I do not want in the house.. Doesn't matter what kids or OH think.. If I have them in the house I know I will be tempted

Jam tarts, croissants mini ones, Xmas mince pies, double choc chip cookies, big pots of fruit yogurt, choc ice cream, cheese puffs, Nutella, squirty cream, loads more..

You are doing well! Just keep telling yourself that!

Can you swap your crisp for pretzels?
If its the sparkle you like could you not drink something like shloer or ame in a wine glass and tell yourself it's wine ?

Sorry I don't drink a lot I don't see the appeal so you'll probably say they don't taste remotely similar but you need to find something to replace the high fat/sugar with. Even if initially its all psychological it won't be in a few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Poppy, I fall off the wagon EVERY weekend, without fail. The difference is I do it in a controlled manner. I buy a big bag of M&S reduced fat sour cream and chive crisps, they are gorgeous and I would choose them diet or not. They are not within the Xen rules by the way, but I weigh out half the bag for Friday night and half for Saturday. My drink of choice is vodka/pepsi max so lower in calories than wine and I only have a couple (it's more about the crisps for me really) Also, more often than not, I have pizza on a Saturday night with the rest of the family. Yes, it affects my losses, yes I am taking the scenic route rather than as the crow flies but if I do it like this I don't feel deprived in any way so I can sustain it. Does that make sense? What I'm trying to say is some wine and some crisps at the weekend isn't the end of the world and if the rest of the week is good you can still have good losses. Chin up!

KB x

Well said! X

thanks everyone. need to think this through a bit. really glad i came on here though as i have not given up and had a much better day.

poppy100 said:
thanks everyone. need to think this through a bit. really glad i came on here though as i have not given up and had a much better day.

It's what we are here for, remember there'll always be someone here to support you x

Back