Lost, Lonely and in the last chance saloon.. but god i mean it this time!

begghead

First of all apologies to those that read this, I have no idea how much I'm going to write or just how honest I can be. But feel the need to let it out.

well where to begin. I've not been on here in a long time. In a few short hours I turn 30, which is quite a scary thought for me and I can only imagine what my 21 year old self would say if he could see me now.

Life's certainly been a bit of a rollercoaster a timid shy kid no confidence, scared of his own shadow. With immense loneliness despite having a large supportive and loving family. Early Teens were typical teenage years nothing to write home about and certainly nothing uncommon or that we didn't all experience.

Late teens till I was 24, god I had some amazing times I was almost sorted, sane, successful, I loved and had love (which is an amazing feeling and one I had trouble dealing with) I'd dealt with my low self esteem and confidence the best way I knew how ( I faked it, it's amazing what forcing yourself to be the first up on karaoke and the first on the dance floor can do) I worked hard, I played harder, I had amazing friends, I was living!. Then life changed. The love went (for which I take my full share responsibility for and sadly I'm the only one that does) the success faded and my weight once again got out of control (not that it was ever under control) I then basically didn't leave the house for over a year.

Somehow I picked up the pieces, and began to get on with it. But I lost what and who I had including myself which brings me to now. I've done a really terrible thing. in my loneliness and desire to be loved I hurt someone and caused them more pain and hurt than should ever be inflicted on anyone. yet somehow they have found the strength, courage and compassion to forgive and to still love me, it will never be the same ever. yet he remains determined to keep a friendship with me

Even with the forgiveness and compassion, I found carrying around the guilt, Shame and loneliness almost too much to bear, last night sobbing and with half a bottle of JD flowing through my blood I hit rock bottom, Letters written, 29 years worth of clutter cleared I was ready I was prepared. Then I made a call and thank god I did ( Rachael who I will never meet or speak to again, but I thank her so much for listening and giving me options)

So here I am, 27 stone 2lbs, Lonely, Sad, ashamed and guilt ridden, Alive but not yet living, turning 30 in a few hours time, but with a desire to change, to find happiness, peace and acceptance to regain me. the long road ahead going to be a bumpy one but enough is enough and it's time to tackle my issues, problems, health and weight and this time I mean it!

Again sorry to those that managed to make it to the end of this but thank you to those that did. I will update this thread with how things are going (I don't expect anyone to read it, but I think I will find it helpful to type/write what's actually going on)

Last edited:
Hey there and welcome :) It sounds like you have had a tough time, but as a cheesey 90's pop band pointed out...things can only get better! You have made the decision and that sometimes is the biggest step. I am only 12 days in to what is going to be a very long journey, but it will all be worth it in the end. I have found minimins to be incredibly supportive over the years, and have always found people who understand and who can relate to how I feel - something I have found little of out here in the real world!

Just wanted to say well done on taking those first steps to a new you. It's really brave to right all that down. Everyone on here is so supportive and none judgemental, a great place to begin again.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on

:)

Thank You both for your replies. Starting the diet properly tomorrow although today I've done really well foodwise. Going to start writing everything down that i eat and drink and rather than following a set plan (previously tried all sorts of diets and fads) I'm Just going to stick to plain old common sense. Thanks again for your replies, This place is great!. been having a good look around again, some truly motivating stories and photos.

Hiya :) and welcome. I too have found minis a real support. I know the sort of weight you are talking about first hand and yes it's gonna be tough but you just have to keep trying! Everytime you screw up just get back on it with no guilt, we are only human! Remember you are worth it and I look forward to seeing how well you do!

Hey!

Welcome back to the forum, you'll find alot of support here, alot of people who know what you've been through.

"theres nothing stopping you - apart from yourself" - You CAN lose weight. Dont let it win.

Good luck

Welcome to the forum, there's loads of great people here who'll give you support :)

I know what its like having so much weight to lose, so if you ever need to chat sometime just give me a shout

Seriously thank you all for your replies. woke up today feeling positive and ready.

Thank you Emily I'm sure there's bound to be a time when I will take you up on that.

Good Luck today, we're all here to support you.
:)

Thank you all for your replies. Yesterday was a good day, I got rid of most of the crap in the house the cupboards are now cleared of all chocolate, crisps and naughtiness!

Done 30 minutes on the exercise bike today, feeling errm knackered but that's a good feeling, will try for another solid 30 minutes later. food wise I've done ok so far. not sure if I'm hungry or just bored but have had cravings to snack (which I've avoided so far).

Thanks PurpleRoses :)

Today has been a good day, stuck to the diet, dogs been on two 45 minute walks and managed another 30 minutes on the bike. :)

I'm a bit late to this thread but just to say good luck and I hope it all works out.

How are you getting on?

well its been a few weeks since i last posted, So far I've lost 18lbs, the weight loss is slowing down a bit now, which I think is a good thing and I'm more than happy with 2-3lb loss a week. Diet is going great had a couple of treats and days where i slipped up, Exercise was going really well till my knee started playing up still managing the bike daily and one class a week though.

I really miss Cheese though :(

beghead i miss cheese so i have cottage cheese as a sub and if i want cheese cheese i have a very like piece big as a dice grated ohh i do enjoy that but only once a month i do this

well its been a few weeks since i last posted, So far I've lost 18lbs, the weight loss is slowing down a bit now, which I think is a good thing and I'm more than happy with 2-3lb loss a week. Diet is going great had a couple of treats and days where i slipped up, Exercise was going really well till my knee started playing up still managing the bike daily and one class a week though.

I really miss Cheese though :(
I really miss cheese too. Sounds to me like your doing really well. I have found my losses although still losses are smaller than when I started. I didn't have a huge drop at the beginning like most but I was losing more on average a week then I do now. But those smaller losses work up to a big loss. And 2-3lb losses are pretty respectable in my view.

very true marie and i think if you lose it slow and not crash diet it gives your body time to go back and hopefully no saggy skin

Hello and welcome. Well done on the weight you have lost already!

I found your first post very honest, good on you for writing it all down..I bet that helped in some small way!

As the others have said, you will receive a mountain of support on here because we all understand and relate to how you have felt in the past and how you are feeling now.

Please keep posting, in good days and not so good days, we are here to support and advice and celebrate with you for every lb you lose :)

I could not have lost the weight I have so far without the help of my friends on here. I notice two of them in particular have posted on your thread already...Jayde and PurpleRoses (lovely genuine ladies!) I have been dieting most of my life!..and rejoined here in 2011 with the determination that you have right now..so come on, it can and will be done..onward and downward!!!! :)

I too have an exercise bike, It has played a big part in my weight loss too.

Have a lovely weekend, keep posting and I will return frequently to see how you are doing.

Good luck :)

Hi Begg, you sound like your on the way to a better way of living, the confidence will soon start to come back you will be feeling better and better about yourself and others, whats done is done, you can only move forward, thats what we are all doing moving forward moving on, and so far you have made a cracking start well done you should be very proud of yourself. ;)

Back