Lost motivation

cheekylau

Please someone help me find it

I have been a target member for 8 weeks now but for the past week I have been on total self destruct mode. I have been eating everything in sight and most of it totally crap (chocolate binges mainly)
The bad habits have slowly been increasing for the past few weeks it started as 1 bad day a week to a couple but last week was just a vicious circle. I will have a really bad day wake in the morning and promise myself to be 100% start the day really well but then lose it in the evening again the next day wake feeling guilty that I couldnt control myself and binge again so the cycle continues. I worked so hard to lose the weight but now I can not seem to resist anything. I got OH to get rid of all the bad food indoors but now I just go down the shop and buy more. He doesnt really know how bad it has been this week as most of it is secret eating so he just thinks im worrying unnecessarily.

It is my WI tonight but dont want to go coz I know it will be a gain and really worried about going out of target range. Does anyone have any advice for me, I have 3 weeks til my 1st wedding dress fitting and 11 weeks to the wedding so can not carry on like this.

Aw I really feel for you honestly I do I bet it's stress with your wedding coming up I was like this leading up to my big day I never dieted and felt huge getting married :( but anyhow the only bit of advice I can give you is go and get weighed see what the damage is and you never know things might not be as bad as you think on the scales speak to your consultant because she'll be able to give you advice and support cos that's what she's paid for! Well done for getting this far! And good luck for your big day :) x

Thanks for the reply I know ur rite about going to WI but just have a feeling its going to be a disaster. I have lots of stress at the moment with wedding planning and family issues but I know that's no excuse. I do not wanna end up miserable and unhappy like I was so don't no why I do it to myself. All the time I was losing I was so determined but now it's gone.

cheekylau said:
Thanks for the reply I know ur rite about going to WI but just have a feeling its going to be a disaster. I have lots of stress at the moment with wedding planning and family issues but I know that's no excuse. I do not wanna end up miserable and unhappy like I was so don't no why I do it to myself. All the time I was losing I was so determined but now it's gone.

Maybe think about what would make you more miserable: getting to your big day and wishing you'd had the motivation to stay at target or making yourself go to weigh in and get back some motivation to get on track. Without a doubt getting back on track will help take one of the stresses out of your life. It's so hard when you lose motivation but thinking about the alternative usually gets me going again. You have done so well getting to target, come on you CAN do this. With all the other stress that's going on, you need to look after yourself and the crappy food will make you feel crappy. I'll still be around trying to lose weight when you get married so pictures please when it happens. Good luck lovely am rooting for you ;-))

Well I bit the bullet and went to WI and gained 1 1/2 lb so not 2 disastrous don't no how I managed to get away wiv that wiv how bad I have been. Hoping my motivation is now back and 100% week on its way hopefully. Just gonna concentrate on how I'm going to look in my wedding dress after working so hard and hopefully that will keep my motivation going. Thanks for all your help

Hi Cheekylau.
Congrats on reaching your Target! It is hard to maintain, I know as I am at target, I tend to loose weight instead of gaining so some weeks I do eat "rubbish" to try to add a few pounds but it doesn't always work so now I just try to adjust my syns & Healthy Extra's. As other's have said, your forth coming wedding is a great worry that's on your mind as well but you have to believe yourself, you can do it so go for it, with determination you will get there! If you can control it it will get better & easier to maintain, good luck......
Pete

Woke up feeling a lot more positive had a good day yesterday and today will be 100%. Going to concentrate on 1 day at a time rather than thinking about a whole week and hopefully that will remove some of the stress.

Back