Lost my motivation!! :(

Mrs Mc1987

Hi I joined slimming world about 6/7 weeks ago and i was doing ok but now i seem to have lost all motivation and will power.

The last 2 weekends i have had to go out to family meals and i fell off the wagon! :(
its my weigh in night tonight and im dreading it!

From 2morro im gonna be so strict with myself but i just find it getting hard as i am fed up eating the same stuff!

Every day in work for lunch i have a tin of spaghetti hoops or a tin of spaghetti!
i make soup the odd time but i always find it getting wasted.

the onyl fruid i eat are grapes and apples and im told that they not ment to be eaten much (i dont know if it true) and i dont really like salads or eggs either :(

sorry for this rant on but i really am looking to lose alot of weight to make myself feel and look better!

Have a look at the diarys and reciepe threads to get some inspiration. It is hard if you are eating the same things all the time. I haven't yet found anything that can't be made SW friendly at home and this includes curry, KFC and pizza!!!

I find the difficult thing with SW is keeping that initial enthusiasm that makes you plan and prepare but it is this that is key to it working. Good luck.

Have a look at the diarys and reciepe threads to get some inspiration. It is hard if you are eating the same things all the time. I haven't yet found anything that can't be made SW friendly at home and this includes curry, KFC and pizza!!!

I find the difficult thing with SW is keeping that initial enthusiasm that makes you plan and prepare but it is this that is key to it working. Good luck.

Thank you! im really gonna plan and write everything down! im trying to find a curry that doesnt taste like indian as my hubby wont eat indian curry!

gonna get some soup bags to freeze soup aswell and start making salads i like for lunch!

Eating the same thing day in day out is boring, and it isn't balanced eating. Spaghetti out of a tin is ok once in a while, but it's not really good food. There are loads of different things to have and there are lots of threads on this forum with lunch and dinner ideas.

And look at the list of fruit and vegetables in your book, and try out some new ones. The vast variety of produce from all over the world which is available in our shops should be an inspiration to us (so different from when I was young!).

No is it nice?? where can u buy it from???

lost a pound last night when i was at group and got my half stone so thats a wee boost!! :)

I too am a bit stuck, I have hovered round the same weight for just over a year. I lost 4 stone really quickly and really easily but it seamed to halt this time last year, I have tried upping my exercise and really focus on what I am eating and getting know where. I am in that ' I am fat because I eat and I eat because I am fat' cycle. I started at 22 stone I broke my leg and the doctor told me that I wouldn't have broken my leg had I not been so overweight, I do not believe this to be true, even still it really annoyed me, later the same year I went to Thorpe Park and couldn't go on any of the rides as the harness things wouldn't go round me, I was so embarrassed when the young, skinny, blonde girl told me that I had to get off the ride. These are the two big reasons that I joined slimming world. They're is something in me that is sabotaging myself and I have no idea what. I need to loose more weight I just can't see a way past this, My biggest fear is going back to where I was and undoing all the work I have put in.

Today I was working from home, I ate porridge topped with berries with a bit of honey and cinnamon, not too bad, I was hungry an hour later so I made meat free sausage 3scrambled eggs and half a can of baked beans. For lunch I ate left over pasta bolognese and an activia? All in all not a bad morning, however, Between 3 and 4 I ate a bag of mini chedders, 4 club chocolate bars, one 2 finger kit kat, a rice crispy square, and a Special K biscuit moment bar, I then went on to eat 2 portions if paprika pork with rice for my dinner. I have no idea what is wrong with me, this cannot be normal behaviour.

If anyone can offer any words of advise, I would be grateful.

Hi deals19 don't beat yourself up we have all been there! I would suggest two things, have a think why you ate in the afternoon, was it boredom, a reaction to a feeling, habit? Then think what you can do again in that situation. Also make a for and against list. So the reason why you want to lose weight aNd the reasons that you don't. It really helped focus my mind when I did this. I lost 3 stone very quickly and then it has taken me a year to another stone, I had some unexpected life events and think both my body and my mind needed to press a reset button. We will both get there in the end! Good luck

If anyone can offer any words of advise, I would be grateful.

Deals19
i know exactly how u feel the afternoon is my bad time that i will nibble and its mainly due to boredom/routine! maybe if instead of synned stuff you opted for free stuff. for instance some muller lights, fruit, drink some water/tea/coffee to make you feel fuller.

i wish i could give better advice as i do the exact same myself.
Also our consultant this week gave us stones so that if you wanted u could set it somewhere to remind you what you want to lose. I have mine iin my purse but im considering setting it either in my fridge or on the biscuit tin!

Back