Moving on down part 3

Susie58

Gold Member
So I’m giving it another go after a 2 year hiatus. Planning on restarting a VLCD using some shakes that I’ve had in storage. I had intended to restart last year but life kind of got in the way as it does but the shakes are still in date so that’s a relief. I have no idea what my weight is now so will prepare myself before getting on the scales tomorrow & then will update the stats. The forum is looks very quite at the moment but look forward to reading active members diaries. I’ve joined the 40 by Christmas challenge as I think this will help maintain motivation when things get tough & it’s always nice to see other members weight gradually move downwards. Feel free to drop by & have a chat to anyone reading this .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning Susie, great to have you back. It's quiet enough but I tend to pop in early each morning to chat to myself.

Hi Tipperary & Ladybird. Thanks for dropping by. I’m trying to work out how to update my stats using the iphone but not having much luck. May have to use my laptop instead. I’ll have read on the threads later today & re familiarise with the app

So I have weighed myself & I have put on a few lb’s but not as much as I was expecting so that’s a good start. Didn’t manage to get on plan yesterday so I will be starting today. Feeling fairly positive as there are a few new things to motivate me this time. Firstly
I‘m now a Nan so it would be lovely to get a bit fitter over all as I am looking after them a couple of days a week & I think I’m going to need all the stamina I can get . Secondly we will be having 2 family weddings next year & it would be nice to be able to buy a couple of outfits that I feel comfortable in. Thirdly I’m not getting any younger & have started to feel the extra weight on my joints. The third reason is the most important I suppose looking at it sensibly so here we go. I’ve not decided yet whether to have only shakes or if I will be adding a low carb meal. I’ll play that one by ear & see how I feel after the 1st week has been done

Ah congratulations on being a Nan, it's the best thing ever and really is the biggest advantage to getting older. I agree with you about the extra weight on your joints. I had a procedure on my hip two weeks aga and the consultant was very impressed when I told him I was 10 kgs lighter than when he did the same procedure 12 months ago.

Oh hello Susie, I found your diary! Good luck, we can do this! There seem to be a few of us restarting after a break 😀
Hi Fitforhols. Thanks for dropping by. I think I may have 3 diaries now but this is the current one. Yes we can do this. I really need to start feeling a bit lighter especially on hot days like this.

Ah congratulations on being a Nan, it's the best thing ever and really is the biggest advantage to getting older. I agree with you about the extra weight on your joints. I had a procedure on my hip two weeks aga and the consultant was very impressed when I told him I was 10 kgs lighter than when he did the same procedure 12 months ago.
Strange thing is I was only saying to my son a few weeks earlier that I’m surprised I have no problems with my hips. Then all of a sudden it started. I think it may be because I had started to walk my granddaughter out in the pram for quite some distance in order to get her to sleep. It’s a bit hilly where they live. Never the less I will take it as a sign that my wright needs to be sorted. I bet you are feeling a lot better with 10kg gone. Well worth the effort & well done.

Day 3 and I have decided to go with the 3 packs & one low carb meal route. We have just recently moved to a new area and would like to get out & about exploring places so I think having a meal would fit in better over the summer rather than just packs. Had a lovely pub meal yesterday of chicken, avocado & rocket salad. I felt quite satisfied with it afterwards despite walking a fair way with the dog before lunch. I think maybe it would be better once I’m in the swing of things to have lunch & then walk.
Ended up walking 8500 steps but boy did my hip feel it later that day .

We are past the pram pushing stage which is a pity as you can walk them further while still in a pram

We are past the pram pushing stage which is a pity as you can walk them further while still in a pram
I take it you mean because you have a youngster walking beside you. I’ve found that I can generally walk further just because I have a pram in front of me 🤷🏻‍♀️. I’ve often though maybe I should just put a stuffed toy in the pram when I go out counting the number of steps I’ve accumulated 😂

Yes, dawdling beside you and stopping to pick or examine every single flower or rock or stick and then the "my legs are tired/I need to pee/I want to go home" calls from them😅

Weigh in yesterday & a loss of 2lb. I was expecting more seeing as it was the 1st week but then I was just reminded about the 3L of water intake I should be having on this plan. I’m not having anywhere near that so I think that’s why the loss wasn’t more.
We are having work done on our new home so that is also impacting how much I am able to get out & about at the moment or getting into any routine regarding exercise etc. i’m not in a rush this time though. Rushing it has always ended in yo-yoing so I will continue with a different approach this time.

So another restart. It's been a week & 2 days since starting the New You Plan TFR & I've stayed on track. Both my boys are getting married later this year so if I can't reach target this year I never will.
It's not been that hard so far & every time I'm tempted to stray of plan I think about getting into a dress that I'd like to wear for one of the weddings,
Weighing weekly & 1st weeks loss was 8lb, Roll on week 2.

Day 12 and still on track. Today I’m definitely getting the in ketosis happy feeling & not feeling hungry at all. Only had one pack so far so 3 more to fit in by tonight.

Day 15 & 3lb down this week. Been on track apart from an extra bag of the protein crisps.
Day 12 was a keto buzz day & day 13 was a feeling very hungry day. Good day today though

Week One: - 8lb
Week Two: - 3lb

Last edited:
Day 24. Still on track & was rewarded with a 4lb loss in week 3. Went out for a family meal on Friday & managed to just eat my pack washed down with water. pleased about that & I'm enjoying most of the packs so that's a bonus

Day 30 & 2.6lb loss this week. so the loss has slowed down a little but not unexpected. I've been experimenting a bit this week with putting some of the pack ingredients into the airfryer & baking them. Makes a change to just adding water & eating them as a porridge or soup. I had the caramel muesli as crunchy biscuits & quite enjoyed them.
Mothers day dinner tomorrow but going to stick to my packs I'm determined not to stray off track

RE-START 8/2/24

WEEK 1 -8lb
WEEK 2 -3lb
WEEK 3 -4lb
WEEK 4 -2lb

Back