Lost my weight and got to target and now back to square one a year later :(

princesss01

Why?

Probably because I stopped going to class and then went out of target and then didn't want to pay etc etc! And then too embarrassed because I put so much on and then more and more and more!!! Sooo depressed :(

Can anyone else relate to this? Or is it just me?

Went to a different group this Tues and started again with new book etc, so here I go again!!! So far been really good and stuck to it completely.

Thanks for listening!
:sigh:

Not had exactly the same experience as I have never done slimming world before but I lost 6 stone once upon a time but over the last 2 years alot of it has slowly crept back on. Joined slimming world 2 weeks ago and lost 6 1/2 lbs so far so happy at the mo. Don't worry too much about putting some back on we're only human not machines and cant be perfect all the time

I've done this but left it too long before getting back on the sw wagon..putting on more than i lost in the first place. First step is realising..dont be ashamed to rejoin, just focus on getting back in control :)

Definitely in the same boat chick. Just wished I'd done something! Never mind, we can't change the past but we can deffo change our future :) xx

Im in the same position that i had to start over. Lost 5.5 stone for my wedding....fell preg- gained 5 stone back!!! I was foolish to gain so much but boy i loved being pregnant! Hah! Xxx

Yeah I understand where you are coming from. I lost 7 stone and got to target and maintained for a while. Then I went through a really bad time in my personal life and comfort ate my way through it. I ended up putting it all back on plus an extra half stone :(

But I got to the point where I knew I had to do something about, rejoined last January and am well on the way to target again :)

I got within half a pound of my target weight..within the course of a couple of months I had put over a stone back on so I definitely know how easy it is to fall back in to old habits. I'm now trying to get back to where I was. The main thing is though that you've been brave enough to start again, a lot of people would give up and just accept their weight gain but you've realised it doesn't make you happy and are willing to make a change. Good luck, you can do it!

I have never got to goal before but have lost weight LOTS of times. I always put it back on and then some. This time I've lost a shed load and am terrified of putting it back on. I don't know what the answer is but wish you all good luck xx

Why?

Probably because I stopped going to class and then went out of target and then didn't want to pay etc etc! And then too embarrassed because I put so much on and then more and more and more!!! Sooo depressed :(

Can anyone else relate to this? Or is it just me?

Went to a different group this Tues and started again with new book etc, so here I go again!!! So far been really good and stuck to it completely.

Thanks for listening!
:sigh:

I want to thank you for sharing. I am determined to not get into that same cycle. Going to SW class is a way of life for me now. It is what i do on my wednesday nights.

You can do it again, and my fingers are crossed.

Did you completely abandon the plan, or did you just get loser with what you were eating? For example, the plan tries to teach you that you can have nice foods, but balance your foods with filler foods, your superfrees. Did you find you just ignoring that?

Yeah I understand where you are coming from. I lost 7 stone and got to target and maintained for a while. Then I went through a really bad time in my personal life and comfort ate my way through it. I ended up putting it all back on plus an extra half stone :(

But I got to the point where I knew I had to do something about, rejoined last January and am well on the way to target again :)

I would imagine its the look you get from others, often well meaning, some not so. They would as feel as bad as the compliments felt good.
"you did so well to get it all off, but its a shame you put it back on again"

I have never got to goal before but have lost weight LOTS of times. I always put it back on and then some. This time I've lost a shed load and am terrified of putting it back on. I don't know what the answer is but wish you all good luck xx

"shed load"?

You've lost 12 1/2 stone, that aint a shed, that's a large detached house in the country! Well done.

"shed load"?

You've lost 12 1/2 stone, that aint a shed, that's a large detached house in the country! Well done.

ROFL! Thank you xx You've lost a good sized barn yourself. Good work xx

I lost 2.5 stone last year got to target have put a stone back on, I went to group for a couple of months then stopped my own fault I should have kept going, back on plan now though doing it myself from home keep going we will get back to target x

Back