lost too much

onlyme!

is a naughty girl...
So in the last week I have been told by 2 different people that I have lost too much weight! what is a good reply to that other than.....I am STILL overweight!!

I just laughed and said I am overweight still and how come you didnt tell me before I was too fat?!

answers on a postcard or below please...

My mum KEEPS saying that to me. I think some people have a weird perspective or they just don't want you to be thinner.

I think they say it to be 'nice' i know i do this to make people feel better lol i know its bad ooops

Im constantly being told by all and sundry now that ive lost enough and look 'ok now' ..hmmm with 2 stone to goal...I DONT THINK SO!!!!

i havent had that yet, but my friends i havent seen for a while keep sayin with what i have lost there will be nothing left of me (yeah right) and to be careful I just say I want a healthy BMI and then I will stop xx

I think because we have lost the weight quickly our bodies take a while to catch up . I looked very drawn and many said I had gone too far.After the first 5/6month my body had settled down and I looked a lot better people said things like you look better for having put that little bit of weight back on but I was accually 8lb lighter so ask them to give your body time to catch up .
By the way you are all doing fab great going guys x

I think because we have lost the weight quickly our bodies take a while to catch up . I looked very drawn and many said I had gone too far.After the first 5/6month my body had settled down and I looked a lot better people said things like you look better for having put that little bit of weight back on but I was accually 8lb lighter so ask them to give your body time to catch up .
By the way you are all doing fab great going guys x

Agreed. Someone once told me (no idea if it's true, but it seems to be) that you tend to lose weight from the top down - so the first place you look slimmer is in the face. And as most people look at your face before the rest of your body, that's the bit they're commenting on.

I know that my face seemed a lot slimmer than it ought to be compared to the rest of my body when I first lost weight. That could be it.

Of course, there are always those people who resent that you're losing weight and they aren't, too. They're the ones who try to tempt you with biscuits... :D

I think sometimes it's because people are used to seeing you and remembering you the way you were before you lost the weight and it's a bit of a shock for them-bless.

Megan, I think people do have problems adjusting their view of others when they lose weight. Also friends see you as slimmer than you were and are happy with the change and so think you have done enough. This weekend whenI was back home my friends were delighted with my loss but shocked when I said I wanted to lose another 8 stones and said would I reevaluate at 4. I think it's just a case of giving them time to adjust and explaining BMI and what is healthy.
However, the most important thing is to do what YOU want :)
xx

I've had it all! In the past I've had 'oh Sharon, you've put some weight on'! Now I get 'dont lose any more, you'll look old!' and when I say what my ultimate goal is, I get 'oh no, thats too much to lose!'. I feel I cant win but stuff it, I'm doing this for ME, not them!
The only thing I do like, is people doing a double take cos they don't recognise me!:D Losing weight is a wonderful thing, CD is brilliant!

i get that too, but just reply explaining than on the BMI im still overweight, so need to loose the extra lbs for my health... that seems to shut them up!!

They should have some respect for you and what you want from your life :). After all, no-one else can live it for you.

*hugs*

Back