lost too much

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by onlyme!, 9 December 2009 Social URL.

1. onlyme!

onlyme! is a naughty girl...

Diet:
    CD
    So in the last week I have been told by 2 different people that I have lost too much weight! what is a good reply to that other than.....I am STILL overweight!!

I just laughed and said I am overweight still and how come you didnt tell me before I was too fat?!

answers on a postcard or below please...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. coley144

coley144 Creating my life

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st2lb(33%)
    Diet:
    No diet. Pregnant
    My mum KEEPS saying that to me. I think some people have a weird perspective or they just don't want you to be thinner.

4. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I think they say it to be 'nice' i know i do this to make people feel better lol i know its bad ooops

Im constantly being told by all and sundry now that ive lost enough and look 'ok now' ..hmmm with 2 stone to goal...I DONT THINK SO!!!!

5. misspinkkat

misspinkkat Can hug her knees :)

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(23.31%)
    Diet:
    CD. Ss
    i havent had that yet, but my friends i havent seen for a while keep sayin with what i have lost there will be nothing left of me (yeah right) and to be careful I just say I want a healthy BMI and then I will stop xx

6. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st13lb(50.83%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDDGE DIET SS
    I think because we have lost the weight quickly our bodies take a while to catch up . I looked very drawn and many said I had gone too far.After the first 5/6month my body had settled down and I looked a lot better people said things like you look better for having put that little bit of weight back on but I was accually 8lb lighter so ask them to give your body time to catch up .
    By the way you are all doing fab great going guys x

7. Suzie_

Suzie_ Full Member

Agreed. Someone once told me (no idea if it's true, but it seems to be) that you tend to lose weight from the top down - so the first place you look slimmer is in the face. And as most people look at your face before the rest of your body, that's the bit they're commenting on.

I know that my face seemed a lot slimmer than it ought to be compared to the rest of my body when I first lost weight. That could be it.

Of course, there are always those people who resent that you're losing weight and they aren't, too. They're the ones who try to tempt you with biscuits... :D

8. Zoe.D

Zoe.D loving life

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st10lb(48.23%)
    Diet:
    cd maintenance
    I think sometimes it's because people are used to seeing you and remembering you the way you were before you lost the weight and it's a bit of a shock for them-bless.

9. AlexIce

AlexIce Silver Member

Start Weight:
    160kg
    Current Weight:
    147kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    13kg(8.11%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Megan, I think people do have problems adjusting their view of others when they lose weight. Also friends see you as slimmer than you were and are happy with the change and so think you have done enough. This weekend whenI was back home my friends were delighted with my loss but shocked when I said I wanted to lose another 8 stones and said would I reevaluate at 4. I think it's just a case of giving them time to adjust and explaining BMI and what is healthy.
    However, the most important thing is to do what YOU want :)
    xx

10. TrueBlueAngel

TrueBlueAngel I WILL be thin!!

Start Weight:
    10st11.7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10.7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.64%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've had it all! In the past I've had 'oh Sharon, you've put some weight on'! Now I get 'dont lose any more, you'll look old!' and when I say what my ultimate goal is, I get 'oh no, thats too much to lose!'. I feel I cant win but stuff it, I'm doing this for ME, not them!
    The only thing I do like, is people doing a double take cos they don't recognise me!:D Losing weight is a wonderful thing, CD is brilliant!

11. AlyB

AlyB Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW?
    i get that too, but just reply explaining than on the BMI im still overweight, so need to loose the extra lbs for my health... that seems to shut them up!!

12. Eir

Eir Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(11.46%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    They should have some respect for you and what you want from your life :). After all, no-one else can live it for you.

*hugs*

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.