Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

Bellybegone said:
Just wondering ?? Who keeps a daily food diary and who try's to just keep track in their head ??

And do you think it makes any difference to your weight loss?? X

I kind of keep a diary just do one on my iPhone in thr notes throughout the day!! And I count up the syns that way

I love keeping a diary as if you've had a particularly good week you can go back and look at what you have eaten :) x

Good Morning all! I am sooooo glad it's the weekend!
I am finding it difficult to exercise this week as I fell down the steps on Wednesday morning! I was being my usual lazy self and carrying far too much in one go to save me having to make 2 trips and I lost my footing and twisted my ankle. it's flipping sore! Suppose now it's the weekend I should rest it a bit and see if the swelling goes down! Out for a family meal this evening - Gusto's if any one has heard of it.........typical Italian fodder so not syn friendly but I'm going to drive so will save on alcohol syns at least! I'm throwing out all the skanky makeup that I've had for a squillion years today, buying replacements and then following some tutorials on youtube for a different look. Will be a bit of fun because despite having bags and bags of the stuff I actually only ever seem to use eyeliner and mascara nowadays! Have a great weekend everyone!

ChicaConCurvas said:
Good Morning all! I am sooooo glad it's the weekend!
I am finding it difficult to exercise this week as I fell down the steps on Wednesday morning! I was being my usual lazy self and carrying far too much in one go to save me having to make 2 trips and I lost my footing and twisted my ankle. it's flipping sore! Suppose now it's the weekend I should rest it a bit and see if the swelling goes down! Out for a family meal this evening - Gusto's if any one has heard of it.........typical Italian fodder so not syn friendly but I'm going to drive so will save on alcohol syns at least! I'm throwing out all the skanky makeup that I've had for a squillion years today, buying replacements and then following some tutorials on youtube for a different look. Will be a bit of fun because despite having bags and bags of the stuff I actually only ever seem to use eyeliner and mascara nowadays! Have a great weekend everyone!

Oh CCC, that's awful u must have gotten some fright!! And ur poor ankle!! My oh always getting onto me' about the lazy mans load!! Bringing in about five or six bags trying to save myself !!!
But sure one weekends not goin to kill u wot no exercise and u can't feel guilty coz there's nothing u can do!!!

aw no chica hope your ankle gets better soon. better to rest it this weekend so it doesn't get worse!

im also out to dinner tonight for a friend birthday. i've made her a birthday cake that looks so good. must try and resist it!

Have a good weekend all :)

Morning all , get well soon chica , i am finally over my fall . Rest when you can , and don't beat yourself up about the exercise!!

Had a burns night supper last night for charity so, i have fallen of the wagon, but have stepped back on this morning. will get chance to exercise today , which to be honest haven't done all week , because we have had a school inspection, and its be manic, and stressfull to say the least. Well thats that week gone now can concentrate on with my very busy life. Hope everyone is going to have alovely weekend chat soon luv taff x

Thanks all - it'll be fine I'm sure - maybe the silver lining will be more trips up and down the stairs in future - good for the body magic I suppose!
Madtaff - I know just what you mean about inspections - just breathe a sigh of relief now.....:p
I've just put false eyelashes on for the first time in my life!! :eek:

I've just put false eyelashes on for the first time in my life!! :eek:

Ha ha - well done! I've never been brave enough to go near my own eye balls with glue!! I'm clumsy at the best of times!!!

I'm also well up for the Feb 8lb weight loss challenge!!

And it will be a challenge too - have a weekend away in Cardiff over valentines (so any help on eating out would me gratefully received!) and a 'flexi' syns day planned for 19th Feb - as this is the party for my Brother before he goes to Afghanistan.

Please please please, can i join this thread? you all seem great I started reading at the beginning of the thread then had to jump to the end and ask to join, I have 10 stone to lose I joined sw class on 11 January (Again) and lost 7.5 in the first week and 4 last week weigh in on Tuesdays so a few days to go. Really need support I start out well but then go off track and would love to keep motivated. Here's hoping.....

I'm thinking I should have put the challenge at less than 8lbs doh! never mind, will do my best! can't believe it's feb already!

Welcome picklepud! well done on your losses so far :)

can i join u all i have just over 6 stone to go i want it gone by the summer am i being to ambistions? i started on wednesday but feeling very down today. I guess the first week is the hardest as not being wieghed yet nothing personally to inspire me so feeling doubtful that any weight will come off

Last edited:
:D Thanks

I am up for the 8lb Febuary challenge its good to have something to aim for .....

don't be disheartened Dawn, I am sure you will have a great loss this week especially as you now have this forum and everyone on here to help I just know its going to be great :) and dont worry about a few hiccups

i have only had 1syn in total in 3 days but when i tried to explain the slimming world to my mum she said omg surely that will make u gain weight and now im worried

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows how many syns half a rack of ribs in BBQ sauce is, if it helps they are from harvester.

dawnd29 said:
i have only had 1syn in total in 3 days but when i tried to explain the slimming world to my mum she said omg surely that will make u gain weight and now im worried

Slimming world is tried and tested for over 40 years!! They wouldn't offer a money back guarantee if it didn't work! But you do need to follow the plan properly to get it to work, and that means more than 1 syn in 3 days. Syn is short for synergy(which means working together)and you need the 5-15 syns a day to make the plan work!!

welcome to you and Picklepud (cool name!) I agree wholeheartedly with Welshtigger and I dont think you are having any where enough syns. I have on average 8-10 per day and am managing to lose weight without feeling deprived. the sucess of sw is that it is a normal way of eating healthily whilst losing weight so dont feel down allow yourself those treats and it will help you on your way!:D

Welcome and good luck Picklepud and Dawnd29! Am sure you'll find a lot of help and inspiration here.

Am fairly new as well and am struggling to queeze any syns into my day as I'm really filling up with all the free foods. Don't feel deprived at all - well, the food I'm missing would be waaaayyy outwith any syns anyway so I don't bother. :p

Good luck and successful weekend!

Back