Lots to lose ! Anyone else got lots to lose!

I'm sure they put something addictive in the fries! It took 2 months of complete avoidance to reach the point where I don't crave them anymore. I suspect it would only take one fry to undo and become addicted again.

I haven't given up chocolate. 2 or 3 syns of milk chocolate chips are enough of a treat to keep me satisfied when I let them melt 1 at a time in my mouth. :)

tpals said:
I'm sure they put something addictive in the fries! :)

They do. It's called MSG.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hey guys, well weigh in this morning and i've lost 2lbs....i am happy but wished it was more :sigh: oh well onwards and downwards with this week :)

Hope everyone is having a week :)

Congrats Chelle, 2lbs is fantastic! Keep up the good work xx

thanks twiztedmuffin :)

Am feeling kinda lousy last few days. Drove by mcdonalds today and it took every inch of willpower to keep driving!! Just feel like i could eat for Ireland and no matter what I eat it's not satisfying me :-(

It's hubby's bday this weekend and I have a communion sat and a birthday party on sat night so will have to reserve willpower for all that!!

I have lost 22lb since I started 6 weeks ago and have to keep reminding myself that sw really does work, it's the first time I have ever lost weight like this and felt so good. Hopefully constantly reminding myself of that will help me through!!

How's everyone else doin?? Anyone else go through phases like this or am I just an awkward cow!!!??

You are doing so well, 22lbs is fantastic! Well done on the willpower too to resist the lure of McDs! You just need to bottle that willpower now and send some to the rest of us when we're feeling tempted too - you could make a fortune!!

Hoping, if you're anything like me soon just the smell of McDonalds will be repulsive. It took about 2 months to completely get the fast food urge out of my system and I never want to go back.

I had my biggest loss ever this week - 4 pounds!!! I was hoping for 1 to get me into the 330s. :)

Well done, 4 lbs in a week is huge!! Thats 8 packs of butter melted off you - amazing!

Thankfully I've never really done McDs - which is just as well as there are far too many other things to lead me astray (and most of them start with a 'c' - cheese, cake, cream, chocolate, cider - I won't go on!!!)

Hey guys, well weigh in this morning and i've lost 2lbs....i am happy but wished it was more :sigh: oh well onwards and downwards with this week :)

Hope everyone is having a week :)

2lbs is great - that would be over 100lbs in a year if you could pull it off every week, impressive stuff!

A good couple of days here. I finally caught up with my own tail in work which felt like a good way to end the week and makes Monday morning alot more appealing! I had a fab night out last night putting the world to rights with old friends. We had a chinese and a few glasses of wine but all the syns were saved in advance and it felt so good to be in control again. Today has been mega busy, nothing too exciting but lots of activity (food shop first thing, helping little brother move house and then back home for an afternoon of gardening), food all on plan and now I've sat down with that satisfied tired feeling! Don't think it'll be a late one tonight though!

Take care all and catch up again soon xxx

A good couple of days here. I finally caught up with my own tail in work which felt like a good way to end the week and makes Monday morning alot more appealing! I had a fab night out last night putting the world to rights with old friends. We had a chinese and a few glasses of wine but all the syns were saved in advance and it felt so good to be in control again. Today has been mega busy, nothing too exciting but lots of activity (food shop first thing, helping little brother move house and then back home for an afternoon of gardening), food all on plan and now I've sat down with that satisfied tired feeling! Don't think it'll be a late one tonight though!

Take care all and catch up again soon xxx

well done on saving up your syns. I cant remember what chinese tastes like :). SOunds like you are doing brilliantly, well done !!!!

Thanks Katoof - my head is back in the right place again now, I just need the scales to catch up again now!!!

Hope you're having a good one today? Hows the foot these days? I can see that you're back in the gym again so hopefully its getting stronger again now?

cherry-pie said:
Thanks Katoof - my head is back in the right place again now, I just need the scales to catch up again now!!!

Hope you're having a good one today? Hows the foot these days? I can see that you're back in the gym again so hopefully its getting stronger again now?

I'm sure the scales will be catching up! Yeah my ankle is loads better thanks, loving being able to do all my classes again. Done two this morning at got one this evening! You having a good Sunday ?

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Which of the classes do you find best?? I am contemplating joining the gym but just not sure which classes would be best!

My favorites are body attack and body step!!! I LOVE them both and never thought I would enjoy exercise like this. The classes are great as they have lower impact options for when you start out! See if any of the gyms near you have these classes as I would recommended them to anyone!

Oh I do quite a few body balance classes a week as this is a yoga/tai chi/pilates type class and I find helps stretch me out after the others :)

NO you wont!!

I felt the same and was so nervous before the first bodystep class. My instructor is amazing and all the les mills classes have lower options. If you do the step dont worry if you cant keep up, the co ordination and learning the names of the moves takes a few weeks for everyone, I have learnt that now I have seen new people that are fit struggle to keep up.

Once I had done about 6 classes I felt so much better, I can keep up and do some higher options, I still use s few low options as I dont want to jump too much as it may damage my knees.

Body attack is also so much fun, a bit easier to keep up with and hard work. There is more jumping in this one but again there are all the low options... this does not make it too easy, it just gives you alternatives to jumping.

Can you do a trial to see if you like it or do you have to sign up for 12 months?

Evening all, I hope everyone is OK and has had a good day? Great one here - work was rewarding, food has all been yummy and on plan and all is well in the world.

I've been a bit down over the weekend, worrying about my brother who has some problems right now and worrying about work (or more the the point the potential lack of it later in the year!) but after a good think, a little cry and a long-head clearing walk yesterday I'm able to put it all alot more into perspective and concentrate on on the things that I can control and try to worry less about the things that I can't. One day at a time eh?

Take care xxx

Well done Surzy that's fantastic!!

I'm glad you had a good day yesterday Cherry, and you're totally right to say one day at a time. I can see that you're journey will be very similar to my own, though you've already had super losses (well done you)
It's far too easy to let things we can't control affect us, and more importantly our diet. Sorry to hear of your familys troubles at the moment but as you say take each day as it comes and just think how at the end of this journey we will both be healthy and our ideal weight (and be able to shop in skinny people shops!! :flirt2: )

Well done everyone on your weight loss hope you are all having a good day
WI today 3 and a half pounds off and got my 3 stone award yipppeee :)

Well done everyone on your weight loss hope you are all having a good day
WI today 3 and a half pounds off and got my 3 stone award yipppeee :)

well done you !!!!! :D

congrats! So many people doing so well this week! yay xx

Weigh in for me tomorrow but I have been poorly and not at work, so no exercise and drugs eeek, and there was me hoping to get to 3.5 st this week

Well done Surzy that's fantastic!!

I'm glad you had a good day yesterday Cherry, and you're totally right to say one day at a time. I can see that you're journey will be very similar to my own, though you've already had super losses (well done you)
It's far too easy to let things we can't control affect us, and more importantly our diet. Sorry to hear of your familys troubles at the moment but as you say take each day as it comes and just think how at the end of this journey we will both be healthy and our ideal weight (and be able to shop in skinny people shops!! :flirt2: )

Thank you honey xxx You're so right, I can go great guns for a while and then I get distracted by 'real life' as it were and this is when its harder to stay focused. However, using the slimming wagon description, I don't mind if my wagon goes fast at times and slower on others, it might have to pause for a while or even go in reverse occasionally, but as long as the overall direction is forwards, and as long as I don't get off until I reach the end then I know I'll be OK, and you will too!

Ooof, what a load of waffle from me!!!

I've been trying a new made up rule this week - if I'm hungry I should eat, no matter what the time of day etc, so long as what I eat is a free food! So tonight when I got in from work I was ravenous so I had a few slices of ham (red day) which seem to have done the trick! Just waiting for my spuds to boil for tea now!!

Back