Love SW. HATE veggies.

misscochrane

hey there guys!
i know this may sound a little strange, but i can't bring myself to eat an awful lot of fruit and veg. when it comes to fruit i can eat apples, and when it comes to veg i can eat potatoes, but thats as far as i go! i know its silly but i have tried to eat more, but it makes me feel ill. i was wondering, (and hoping!) that i'm not the only one out there with a huge fruit and veg problem, and if i'm not i'm hoping someone can give me tips or recipies which don't include alot of veg and such, or even if you've any tips on getting over my strange eating fear it would be great! hope to hear back :) x

Well I also don't eat a lot of veg so I stick to green and red days. I'm not a massive veg eater but I don't mind blended up in soup? Or tinned tomatoes? Could u stomach them?

I've never been a big veg eater but I find adding them to stews or grate veg into sauces, disguises the taste. Maybe you could try this. :)

i'm trying it on EE and it doesn't seem too bad so far i'm just leaving out most veggie sides :) soups i can just about stomach, but if theres so much as a lump in it i feel ill, and i think it will be a while before i move on to tinned tomatoes! lol

Hello. I really really don't like much fruit and veg, but I'm also a vegetarian. This makes this incredibly difficult for me! I have managed to try new veggies etc over the last year or so and I am now far better than I used to be, although I really hate fruit still. I can eat bananas and clementines, but that's about it. My advice would be to mix veggies (pureed to start with) into mashed potato. Maybe to get used to the taste, and then start to have meals that you like, with small amounts mixed in. Eventually you might start to like them.....?

I'm am also a veg hater and a veggie! I find blending and grating the veg the bst way. I can now eat carrots and swede if it is mashed up together and blend other veg together to make soup. I have discovered that I love butternut squash by doing this! It may sound silly to some people, but for me it's a big step! I also have issue with 'lumps' in food and can relate to you 100% x

I am also very fussy with veg, cant eat them together on a plate if a meal is like a roast and veg. I could eat cauliflower, but only cauli, or peas, but nothing with them, or carrots but they have to be on their own too. I can eat them mixed in a casserole, but only onions,mushrooms,tomatoes, and carrots. I hate salad too, wont touch that, but love fruit. So I decided basically to do red and green plans instead, and got to target, and have maintained target for 12 months on these two plans so it can be done! Got my diamond award today, so this may just give you some positivity about red and green plans. Its not for everyone, but if you are struggling on ee with the superfree thing, give these plans a go.:)

I'm am also a veg hater and a veggie! I find blending and grating the veg the bst way. I can now eat carrots and swede if it is mashed up together and blend other veg together to make soup. I have discovered that I love butternut squash by doing this! It may sound silly to some people, but for me it's a big step! I also have issue with 'lumps' in food and can relate to you 100% x

This sounds just like me. Lumps in things literally make me gag. I find that it's not so much the taste of food, but the texture that bothers me. People think I'm crazy! x

I also find that I can eat and actually enjoy veg soup if its blended with no lumps. I am a bit like you with the lumpy veg thing! :)

Passata is just basically blended tomato's (i think) and there are some nice varieties available so maybe having that as a pasta sauce etc should count towards your super free

Yes passata is considered a superfree and I seem to use it nearly every day with tinned toms and onions. You can make so many basic sauces and soups with that combo from tomato soup to casseroles, to spag bol sauce, even chilli! Would be lost without my passata and tinned toms!

I can't imagine not eating veg, but I'm not keen on fruit however frozen berries mixed with vanilla yogurt is acceptable.
You can also spice veg up to make it taste different. Carrots roasted with spicy seasoning,

Buy a cheap food processor you can get one for £20 with a grating attachment, grate onions, carrots, courgettes, cauliflower, to make sauces like curry, bolognaise (add passata).
Use the blade to chop veg for soups it cooks quicker and blends easier.
Grated dessert apple tastes lovely in cereal.

I don't know if it helps but my autistic son can't eat most fruit and veg. It's a texture thing? We put lots into basic sauces like pasta or chilli or a sort of gravy (base for cottage pie,s and hotpots) then blitz it down really smooth. The spices B's herbs mask the flavour a little and then just cook with them as usual IE add meat rice pasta etc. I find carrots butternut squash and cauliflower blitz the easiest. I can't figure a way to get greens in him because greens do not blitz very well!!!

Legomom81 - broccoli and Brussels sprouts, steamed or boiled until soft, blend really nicely.

I'm a vegetarian who detests mushrooms and most fruits, so I feel your pain!

Legomom81 said:
I don't know if it helps but my autistic son can't eat most fruit and veg. It's a texture thing? We put lots into basic sauces like pasta or chilli or a sort of gravy (base for cottage pie,s and hotpots) then blitz it down really smooth. The spices B's herbs mask the flavour a little and then just cook with them as usual IE add meat rice pasta etc. I find carrots butternut squash and cauliflower blitz the easiest. I can't figure a way to get greens in him because greens do not blitz very well!!!

Spinach is mushy anyway, you'll have better luck with soft leaves, watercress/spinach and round head lettuce (lovely done in cream with garlic unless he has weight issues).

I hate veg too but have found homemade blended soup the way to go - getting my 5 a day plus, tastes nice and a great snack as well!

Shirleen said:
Spinach is mushy anyway, you'll have better luck with soft leaves, watercress/spinach and round head lettuce (lovely done in cream with garlic unless he has weight issues).

He is a bit overweight :( he mostly likes white foods so its not great nutrition wise! And he gets lots of sensory feedback from eating so he does like to eat lol doesn't help that school have realised that he does essentially ANYTHING for cheese. There's a lot of cheese based rewards this term. Maybe broccoli cheese instead of cauli lol

Back