low carb is the only way for me

Tamzy1989

Gold Member
Hi everyone i'm Tamara, i'm 22 yrs old.
ive been on minimins for a while but left, then came back. the year before last i started out at over 16st then went down to 12.6, i was going through a hard time ate anything i wanted then went back up to 14.9, i then then went on a lower carb diet and lost 12lbs ( this was 2 weeks ago), i found it easy as my body hates carbs, it makes me feel fat and bloated, low carb is definately the best diet ive ever tried because i failed with sw, cc xenical and reductil, ive even triedlipotrim,slimfast and starving myself which is a stupid idea so n0w im currently 13.11 and hoping to stay on this eating plan for life as its the only plan thats ever worked for me, i really want to look my best for summer and get confident in wearing whatever i want without feeling insecure about myself but the main reason why i want to do this is because of my health, im a diabetic and currently on insulin 4 times daily and i was told by my gp that if i cut out carbs then theirs no need for me to inject myself. im a veggie but i do eat fish and lately ive been eating eggs. sorry if keep going on and on.
do you think i will be ok as a veggie on a low carb diet ? i would hate the idea of getting bored of the same foods.

ive read most of the food diaries on here and everyones doing so well and ever so friendly so i will be looking forward for some support as i take a walk on this journey,

my weigh in days will be on a friday morning and yes im a serial weigher, im going to try and stay away from the scales for the next two weeks and i will try to write down my foods and progress on here.
so food for today was

B - 2 quorn sausages & 2 large grilled mushroom.

L - king prawns fried in butter with mushrooms, onions chilli flakes with 100g of wilted spinach and 1tbs of full fat mayo for dipping.( feeling really bad eating mayo)

D - 3 egg omlette with a cup of cabbage steamed with a little light butter.

i think i did ok?? lol not sure,i would really appreciate your comments

thanks xx

you did great x

Hi Tamzy... Welcome... You did great! Sounds like a good menu x

Hi and welcome:). All sounds great and low carb should really help with the diabetes:). Good luck!

Hi, sounds great I am veggie but eat fish also, eat lots of salmon, prawns, mackerel, quorn, eggs and cheese. This is my third week, enjoying it very much. Good luck

Hi! I'm almost through 2 weeks. Looks like you are doing very well! My mom is a diabetic. She did Atkins and was able to get off her shots. Unfortunately, she got off plan and had to go back on insulin. Now that I have started she is thinking about going back on. It's more than just losing weight ( although that is wonderful). You could be saving your own life as well! :)

hi tamzy!
your menu sounds great. well done!

since we started atkins steve's diabetes is much better controlled, his gp is very pleased with him, and fully suppirts this woe.

thank you all for your kind welcome and comments, i really appreciate it. i'm really loving this way of eating and my blood sugar levels has already started to improve.:D

Back