Low carb shakes?

Hi, does anyone use low carb shakes as a meal replacement? I like the idea of a slimfast shake for breakfast, and maybe lunch, but I've heard that they are full of sugar.

I keep seeing the big tubs of whey protein shake powder in holland and barrett - are these for bodybuilders?

I've tried looking online and see that Tesco do low carb shakes (although this may be old), but I don't have a Tesco near me. Also it looks like there is low carb slim fast available in the USA (but not here??).

Can anyone enlighten me please?

Thanks.

I use the Atkins advantage shake tins, they are only £11ish on boots.com, I always make sure I have a multi vit as they are not supposed to be a single food source. There are also some shakes on the avidlite website but I think they are about £18 each

I don't know why Slim Fast don't release the Slim Fast Optima that they have in the USA, it's low carb. Maybe they make lots of money out of keeping peoples sugar levels up in the UK

I don't know why Slim Fast don't release the Slim Fast Optima that they have in the USA, it's low carb. Maybe they make lots of money out of keeping peoples sugar levels up in the UK

I know, it's crazy - I would never pour that much sugar into my body if i was trying to lose weight!

ASDA do there own version of total replacement meal drinks and bars 88p each i think....
Tesco have there own version too ...
And i know the nutrition content of the ASDA ones are the same as Exante :)

Back