Low carb veggies?

Zest for Life

Gold Member
Any vegetarians on here low carbing?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

On and off. Forever! Sometimes I just have made cravings and go carb made for a bit. What do you eat, quorn? Eggs? What sort of meals do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lots of eggs (omelettes mainly), sometimes with quorn ham slice and cheese. Loving the Applewoods smoked cheese at the moment, really tasty. Veggie burgers, veggie hot dog sausages. Have made the cauliflower crust pizza last week which was nice, but didn't find it amazing (found the cauliflower a bit bitter). Theres a tofu and mozzarella crust pizza recipe I found on a website which is gorgeous. Having that tonight :)
I've only been doing low carb for a couple of weeks, only 5 days on the actual induction (20g net carbs) and will be on the look out for other good veggie low carb recipes, as I have a feeling I'll get bored with the same few things over and over again.

I had calorie counted before, but It was only when I started looking at how many carbs were in the foods I ate a lot of that I realised it was was carbs I used as my 'fix', ie as soon as I have a lot, I just want more. Since I've been low carbing although the first few days I felt a but weak, im actually starting to feel much healthier, and the frequent headaches I used to get are much lessened. Really want to start back at the gym soon (haven't felt like it last few days due to feeling a bit weak) - back to being a gym bunny if I've got the energy :)

hi there :) i am not a vegetarian but i did low carb before and found some really yummy veggie low carb recipes :) one of them is to slice aubergine lengthways and grill for a few minutes on each side, then stuff each piece with a mixture of ricotta and pesto, and roll up into canneloni looking shapes. grate a small bit of parmesan over it and pop under the grill for a few minutes :) yummy served with a tomato sauce :)
aubergine is also nice as a pizza base. just grill the aubergine as above and put on homemade pizza sauce, and top with whatever you like.. im a fan of red onion, feta and spinach!
hope you enjoy

bettyboop06 said:
hi there :) i am not a vegetarian but i did low carb before and found some really yummy veggie low carb recipes :) one of them is to slice aubergine lengthways and grill for a few minutes on each side, then stuff each piece with a mixture of ricotta and pesto, and roll up into canneloni looking shapes. grate a small bit of parmesan over it and pop under the grill for a few minutes :) yummy served with a tomato sauce :)
aubergine is also nice as a pizza base. just grill the aubergine as above and put on homemade pizza sauce, and top with whatever you like.. im a fan of red onion, feta and spinach!
hope you enjoy

Wow that sounds gorgeous, will have to give that a try - thanks :)

Veg here,

My whole day is juicing vegetables and fruits only. At night I usually go to this place called sweet tomato's and get 2 LARGE salads.

I'm a veggie and just started going low carb on Saturday, so far its alot of Quorn products, other meat free products and omelettes, I have to put my hands up to being the worlds worst veggie as I don't like many vegetables, I know its so stupid, I'm trying to force myself into eating more of the low carb veggies, its a work in progress! ha ha Emma

Have you tried tofu? I also like cauliflower cheese (home made without flour), and noodles made from courgette.

Emma I have Rose Elliot's low carb veggie diet book & cookbook which might help. I'd recommend checking the carbs in quorn stuff - some is quite high carb.

yeah I have been checking all the Quorn products for carbs, some I can have and some are way too high in carbs, I looked like a bit of an idiot standing in the chilled and then frozen food aisles for yonks checking the back of every pack for gross carb amount ha ha but at least it meant I have managed to find which products I need to avoid and which ones I can have. Emma :)

I find Tesco own brand lincolnshire veggie sausages to be very low carb compared to the others. Quorn bacon is good too.

I love the Tesco meat free range and the Lincolnshire sausages are my fav! yummy! I literally have a large 24 hr Tesco on my door step so I have been in a couple of times already this week since I started my diet on Sat to check for different items, off to have my Quorn tea, am really ready for it now! Emma

Back