Low fat spreads ...

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
what low fat spreads are we allowed on refeed?

I know were ok with natural yogurt and low fat cheese triangles, but for sandwiches what can we put in them to not make them dry?

Humous/low fat butter/marg (whatever)/mayo/salad cream?

I think mayo is allowed, but it has to be a very low fat version.
I avoided it though, wanted to be on the safe side :D. Umm, your best choice I'd have to say with spreads is low fat cheese triangles. There's weight watchers ones, which are large lol, more than enough for your slices and at 27 cals, and theres laughing cow extra lite 21 cals :)

Let's see what others do, we can get some ideas from them :)

Hi Tanya, Avoid totally on refeed hun any fat you consume will equal that you put back on, however once you have completed refeed/maintaining I guess you can allow it but count it in your daily calories and go for the lowest fat spread you can possibly find. Personally I have had no spread at all since TFR.
Just because I tend to be the type of person who will start off with a small amount and it will get spread thicker and THICKER. Apparantly spreads are made out of man made rubbish that have no nutritional value at all.Organic butter is the most natural but SO high in fat!!!

Personally I have avoided all fats/spreads and bread (apart from wholemeal wraps, pittas an occasional sliceWW bread) as I know that I am a bread and butter addict! (apart I occasionally use a 1 cal fry-lite spray for cooking). I have to say I haven't missed at it all. It's personal choice at the end of the day but think of all the other lovely things you can spend those calories on! xx

Hey rache, are we allowed low fat cottage cheese?

yep no worries there. I have it a quite a lot on oatcakes and with fruit it is nice, just like yogurt really, most low fat dairy are pretty much the same in my eyes (yogurt, fromage frais, cottage cheese,quark). Bio live yoghury is the best for you though as the cultures are good for digestion.

I have some bio yoghurt, but it's quite high in cals :(

Get a low fat/ v low fat natural bio yog hun if u can I use it on everythin x

Okies, the one my mum bought is a fruit one.

I too dont use any butter/spreads but stick to the triangles, extra lite mayo and 0% greek yogurt.

I need to try greek yoghurt, I heard it's nice. Is it the thin one? there's thick yog and thin ones.

Its a little bit thicker than normal yogurt, but it was amazing in my wrap yesterday and very low in cals too. It was so good, I had another wrap today, chilli sauce, beef, onions, red peppers, salsa sauce and greek yogurt, it was amazing.

whats greek yog? is that not just the same as natural yog?!!!

Back