Low Syn Chocolate Brownies

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by julie19, 18 July 2009.

1. julie19

julie19 Well-Known Member

I found this recipe online & adapted it, each cake makes 24 pieces, each piece are 3 syns each - it is really nice!

3 eggs - separated
    225g Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
    200g Very low fat yoghurt
    1 1/2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
    175g Self Raising Flour
    75g Chocolate Options
    Preheat oven to 190c/Fan 170c/375f/Gas 5, brush a 30 x 20cm tin with oil or line with non stick baking paper. Mix egg yolks, sugar, yoghurt & oil together, sift in the flour & options & stir until smooth. Whisk egg whites to soft peaks, add a spoonful to the mix and stir well to loosen the mix, gently fold in the rest, pour into the tin & bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
    Cool for 5 minutes then turn out onto a rack to cool.
  2. skinnyminnycow

skinnyminnycow Well-Known Member

Ooooh thank you - its my turn for bringing in cakes to work this week so i can make these :) xx
  3. fraggle_13

fraggle_13 Member

Thank You!!
    Made these for when we had people over and they loved them. I made a batch for taking into our group and everyone wanted the recipe:D
  4. cheekychinchilla

cheekychinchilla Well-Known Member

Awesome!! Me and my Sis were complaining about missing brownies the other day, so this has come at a very handy time ;)
  5. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Thank you, sounds wonderful.
  6. Mel1981

Mel1981 Well-Known Member

Thankyou for this recipe
  7. littlehobbit

littlehobbit Well-Known Member

are they big slices? or mini brownies.im looking forward to trying them if they are big:)
  8. Chez_80

Chez_80 New Member

Low Syn Chocolate Brownie

Sorry to sound thick, but when you say Splenda Brown Sugar Blend, do you mean half of the 225g is spenda and the other half is normal brown sugar?

The brownies sound really nice and i can't wait to try them:gimi:

9. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Well-Known Member

sounds yummy
  10. Joanne24

Joanne24 Restarting!

The Splenda Brown Sugar Blend is quite expensive but I think you would be able to substitute it with light brown sugar instead. I want to make these for my ruby party taster :D They sound good!
  11. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

I think the Splenda Brown is not syn-free - does the recipe take this into account?
  12. Joanne24

Joanne24 Restarting!

It will do if each piece is 3 syns and it makes 24 pieces of cake.
  13. julie19

julie19 Well-Known Member

If you have a B&M bargains near you they sell the Splenda brown sugar dirt cheap and yes the recipe takes the syns for these into account.