Low syn custard

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by *honey, 1 September 2010 Social URL.

1. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    I made Britmums apple and sultana cake for pudding tonight, and that was good, but i thought i'd serve it with custard. Found 'free' custard ( if you used some of HEA for milk) it said to microwave it, but i attempted to do it on the hob, like traditional custard, so 2 eggs and sweetner, warmed milk and added to egg mix, ack in to ban and whisked................... I got milky scrambled egg :( which i have just tipped down the toilet. I used Birds packet mix, 16 syns whole pack, so i made 1/4 pack for 2 each ( was only a drible of custard :( )
    I know some shop bought stuff isnt too bad ( tescos value in a can is actually lower than tescos low fat custard!!)
    so any recipes anyone??

( weirdy i have ALWAYS refused custard pre SW, but think some SW puds would benefit form some)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sarahm85

sarahm85 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.5lb(18.57%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    I remember in one of my SW mags there's a recipe for homemade low syn custard to go with a dessert - I've not got the magazines at hand at the moment but I will post it later.

Another option would be to use the banana and custard flavoured mullerlights? You could very gently heat it up in the microwave.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.