Crustless Vegetable Quiche - Syn Free

Grunka Lunka

I made this on Sunday for the first time and it was such a hit with my family I thought I'd pop it on here :) It could serve 6...but in our house it served 3 ;)

Ingredients

1 tub fat free cottage cheese
4 eggs
1 courgette
1 yellow pepper
1 onion
4 spring onions
2 cloves garlic
Half a head of broccoli
Half a pack of chives
Basil
Salt and pepper
Frylight
6 cherry tomatoes

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 180C and coat a quiche dish with frylight.

Chop the courgette, pepper, onion, spring onions and broccoli into small-ish chunks (I cut the courgette into quarters length-ways and then sliced - they were good sized pieces). Fry them all in a large pan with the garlic, salt, pepper, chives and basil for about 15 minutes.

Mix the cottage cheese with the eggs and beat until well mixed. Once the vegetables are cooked, tip them into the cottage cheese/egg mixture and mix well.

Pour the mixture into the quiche dish. Slice the tomatoes in half and place on top of the quiche.

Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until it's set.

You could add some grated cheese to the top for a HEA - when I made it, I added the cheese after it had cooked and grilled it just before serving. It was delicious!

17760463_10154382799391828_809106024_n.jpg

Decided to try this adjusting to what I could get my hands on and it turned out great...very tasty. Thank you for the recipe :)

Attachments

• 513029684.498220public.jpeg
    513029684.498220public.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
I made another one yesterday but I used quark instead of cottage cheese as I found a tub of quark in Asda that had herbs and garlic in it. It came out ok, the herbs tasted a bit odd and I think I prefer cottage cheese but it's more than edible :)

Back