Lunch Help

Woodsylou

Silver Member
I am going to pop to tesco or M&S in a mo to get lunch, but i don't know what to have. any ideas? i really don't want salad again!

i am at work so only have a sink, microwave and fridge here, so nothing hob/cookerish

Do you have a kettle?
Cause you can get soem Ainsley Harriott cous cous or something and buy a little pack of veg..
That's what i'm eating now.. lol xo

I can only think of a tin of beans or spagetti with a wholemeal roll. Or mugshot with some diced veggies in.

Savoury rice!! nice!!

Wats a mugshot??

Wats a mugshot??

They are with the packet soups & like a soup but with noodles or pasta in them. So quick & easy, not all are free the cheese one isn't & thai one isn't but I think the rest are free. I usually stick to the chicken or tomato ones as I know they are free.

Worth a try, they're not too expensive either.

I had one for the first time yesterday and i've gotta say i'm not too keen...
They just taste like a less flavoured pot noodle...

which flavour did you try? in our class we all rave about the orange ones - spicy sweet n sour they are lovely. What about some cooked chicken, ham or other meat for lunch with a jacket potato and tin peas? one of my fav lunches to bring to work is a pouch of basmati rice (2mins in microwave) and a tin of asda chickpea dhal which i put in mic for couple of mins. very filling and tasty.

thanks girls. i got a jacket potato and hda with beans and laughing cow light (HeA) and a side Salad

looks like im doing a green day!

Might have a look for the mugshot next time i go shopping! sounds nice and if their free its worth a try!x

I always go and grab a pasta n sauce sachet for lunch and make it in the microwave at work :) x

Just wanted to add that I had a Sweet n Sour Mugshot for the first time yesterday and it was yummy! I thought there would be more noodles in it though.
I'm also wondering what to have for lunch today, but I only have access to a kettle. :(

how do you make pasta and sauce in the microwave? do i need a big bowl?

how do you make pasta and sauce in the microwave? do i need a big bowl?

umm yeh relatively big! Because theres 2 other SW'ers in my office we used some of the tea money to go and buy a big pyrex bowl to put in the microwave!

To be fair it never boils up as high as the bowl, or anywhere near that infact!...on the back of the pasta n sauce pack it says the bowl needs to have 4 1/2 litre volume but it doesn't really - especially if you keep an eye on it, all that could happen is that it may boil over.

But the bowl has definitely been a worthy lunchtime investment for all of us anyway though! Couple squids from wilkos - and then pasta n sauces are about 60p?? bargain for lunch! xxx

Back