Lunch Ideas

I am on extra easy and I am struggling to find some variety at lunch time.

I want to try and keep it syn free or maybe 1 or 2 as I use my syns on 'treats'.

My HEb is usually used for breakfast.

I dont want to cook anything as I am often somewhere its not possible to cook. Sometimes I can get to use a kettle.

Ive been having salads and cold jackets but now its getting boring - have you any suggestions as my mind is a blank as Ive been in the routine of having sandwiches at lunch time.

Thanks x

what about a cold couscous salad, i make the couscous up at night with a bit of lime added to ht water, add salad stuff and tuna and leave it till lunch its lush

Couscous salad, cold noodle salads, pasta salad, bean salad, veggie sticks/pitta and a syn free dip, falafel and syn free hummus are generally good work foods.

Maybe get yourself a flask? Then you could have warm soups in the winter :)

Pasta salad - cooked and cooled pasta mixed with chopped onion (red is nice as is spring onion), red pepper, sweet corn, spinach and fat free vinegarette dressing. You could also chuck in some tuna or chicken if you fancy.

You could also use cooked noodles instead of the pasta.

Home made soups, take them in a thermos. If you got a wide necked thermos you could probably take stews to work in the winter (heat them up in the morning and stick them in the flask.

If you've got a kettle you can always use mugshots which are free or 1 syn (depending on the make). Good if you want something hot.

I'll try and think of some others. I also get sick of salads!

chicken drumsticks
prawn cocktail
home made quiche
filled pitta bread
cottage cheese
just a few ideas ... hope they help:)

i have the same problem with work, i dont get a long break either so find it difficult i used to make pasta and sauce before i went to work and take that but by time i would go to have it, it would be all dried up.

i normally get 15 mins or half hour not long, i get bored with salad quickly, im maybe thinking of cooking some veg up and taking that in with me.

yeah i love roasted vegetables so I'll do them and have them hot one evening and then two lunches after that as well, they go with cous cous and cottage cheese really well =)

i do the usual peppers, onions and courgette mix but also carrots and parsnips, broccoli (roasted broccoli is amazing) and whole cloves of garlic.. i roast everything, its the only way i eat vegetables apart from raw!

same as the others have said, left overs, soups, mug shots, supernoodle to go pots, then hard boiled eggs, cooked quorn sausages, cooked low syn normal sausages

Thanks for some fab ideas. Ive discovered mug shots, which are great and warming and I have a slice of bread with it to make it more filling or if ive been prepared i take a cooked jacket potatoe with me and just let the mug shot warm it through x

The SW quiches are yummy and you can make them the night before, use a pasta n sauce as the base to make it more filling.

Back