Lunch ideas

maria1976

Im in need of some inspiration for lunch im trying not to eat to much bread as i no that's high in points, im a working mum so need something quick and easy.

Has anyone got any ideas please :)

Maria x

Can you make extra for dinner and bring it into work for lunch? I normally make some soup at the weekend for Monday and Tuesday and on a Tuesday evening we have something like stew or shepherds pie for dinner (something that microwaves well) and I bring in some on Weds and Thurs. Assuming you have access to a microwave of course.

hi - melba toasts @ 2pp for a pack of 6 are a lunch lifesaver. U can play about with diff toppings to keep it interesting.

Or cous cous with stir fried veg is v quick, or make batches of lowpoint soup.

Just some wee ideas, good luck!

just wandered where you get these melba toasts from that are pp for 6 as someone recommended them to me so i went onto the nutritional info at sainsburys online and worked it out on an online calculator and it said 2pp for 1 slice. Could you confirm as maybe theres different types thanks

On the WW tracker, 1 Sainsbury's melba toast is down as 0pp. 2, 3 or 4 all come out as 1pp. If you have 6 it comes out as 2pp. In fact you can have 7 for 2pp.

It is because the tracker takes the overall points for the total nutritional info for 6 rather than for 1 and then timing it by 6. Maybe if you times the nutritional info by 6 and then put it in the calculator it will come out as 2?

spyro2008 said:
just wandered where you get these melba toasts from that are pp for 6 as someone recommended them to me so i went onto the nutritional info at sainsburys online and worked it out on an online calculator and it said 2pp for 1 slice. Could you confirm as maybe theres different types thanks

Get mine in tescos, def 2pp!!

I'm so getting some Melba toast! I'm bored of soup. What do you have on them??

I have been having the same lunch issue. This week i've been trying to rely on soup, fruit salad, have a wrap rather than a sandwich. I have also been bringing a meringue nest 1pp with me so that i can avoid the office sweet tin.

I'm definitely going to be trying the melba toasts!

I bring in a big salad. Today i've got:
Half a large lettuce 0
2 sticks celery 0
1 orange pepper 0
5 pickled onions
1/3 of a pack of sainsbury's basics chicken slices 2
1/3 tin mixed beans 1
80g dried weight pasta 6

So that's 9pp. Obviously you could adjust the amount of pasta, or have rice or couscous. I have alot of pasta because I am on 45pp a day. I also bring in some kraft fat free italian dressing in a 50ml bottle (one of the ones you buy in Boots) and thats 0pp's.

I bring in fruit too, and a packet of wotsits which are 3pp.

ooohh thats excellent only 2pp for 6 bits.

Mets said:
I'm so getting some Melba toast! I'm bored of soup. What do you have on them??

Lots of different toppings to stop me getting bored! Usually one laughing cow light (spread over all 6) topped with either:

Smoked salmon
King prawns
Chicken
Olives
Low fat pate
Fresh ham
Peppadew peppers
Onion chutney
Etc

(not all at same time lol)!! Toppings usually range upto 2pp ( +1 for laughing cow light is 3) if ur sensible. I have mine with cherry tomatoes or mixed salad on the side. Yummy & filling with a cup of coffee/tea. Enjoy :)

Pitta breads nice aswell for a change and not too high and you can cram in loads of salad.

Back