M&S? Harvester? Nandos? - Valentines Dilemma!

bugsbunny2000

Proud to be a LOSER :)
Hi everyone

So, it's mine and OHs first valentines. Want to make a slight fuss by actually acknowledging it but as always FOOD is taking over plans! Not sure what his housemates are doing yet so not sure if we are staying in or going out (it's so not cool to be involved in another couples valentines antics hahaha).

I saw the M&S Dine for Two (£20) advert and not sure which on the list would be "good" food choices. I can have 26pp a day and my 49pp weeklies begin from Monday so would most likely have all of them available still! Any suggestions?http://www.marksandspencer.com/Dine-In-Offers-In-Store-MS-Foodhall-Food-Wine/b/198933031

On the other hand... if we go out there's lots of places to eat (though most will be packed!) and too much chance of 'falling off the wagon'. So thinking either harvester or Nandos.

I am aware of what pp some dishes are... anyone got any meal ideas and pps for them? :)

Any suggestions welcome :) (before the OH kills me for my indecisiveness lol) xxx

I would stay in and have the M&S dine for 2. It looks lovely this year also, i had this last year and really enjoyed it.

I've been and bought the M&S deal for me and OH today! I'll point up what I've bought for you so at least some of the options are pointed!
Trouble is, OH doesn't like fish and I don't eat a lot of red meat so we've gone for Duck L'Orange which I know is probably the worst thing on there!!!
Will let you know when I've pointed everything!

Starter:
Baby Plum tomato and camembert tartlets - 12pp (OH loves them so he's having both!)
Bloody Mary Prawn Cocktail - 7pp

Main:
Duck L'Orange - 12pp

Sides:
Chunky Chips - 7pp (for OH)
Potatoes, Tomatoes &Mozzarella Bake - 4pp (Not in the deal but knew OH would want all chips so I got this instead, will save half for another day as delicious for 4pp!)

Desert:
Hot chocolate Belgian Souffle - 9pp (Better than I expected!)

SO my meal will tot up as:
7pp starter 16pp main + side, 9pp desert = 32pp...

Really not that bad! If I only use 10 dailies on Tues before the meal I will still have 36 weeklies left :D

Aww thank thats amazing for you to do that - really appreciate it! and sounds delicious! Have a lovely time xx

Aww thank thats amazing for you to do that - really appreciate it! and sounds delicious! Have a lovely time xx

No worries, had to point it up in any case!
It all looks delicious looking forward to it :) and loving that I don't have to feel guilty about it!

Hope you have a lovely night also :) x

I like the look of:

Starter: Probably the tartlets... though not too excited by the starters
Main: Chicken with Parma Ham
Side: Mediterranean Veg for Roasting
Dessert: Hot Choc belgian souffle

Just need to find out the PPs for the main and side. Did you get the wine and chocs too?? xx

Have a vote for nandos too... butterfly chicken breast 9pp, ratatouille 4pp .... its lush! ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

I love Nando's Ratatouille! Am tempting to go out - just because I think if I stay in ill be tempted to just cook to keep the points down....

What is PPs of Bottomless Frozen Yogurt? Guessing it's not 'bottomless' for WWs lol!

Okay...

Think we will try and go to Nando's and I'll have:
Nando's Chicken Burger (10pp)
Ratatouille (4pp)
Bottomless (2pp)
Diet Coke (0pp)
16 propoints altogether!
So haven't even got to use many of my weeklies!

Thanks for the suggestions ladies! xx

bugsbunny2000 said:
Okay...

Think we will try and go to Nando's and I'll have:
Nando's Chicken Burger (10pp)
Ratatouille (4pp)
Bottomless (2pp)
Diet Coke (0pp)
16 propoints altogether!
So haven't even got to use many of my weeklies!

Thanks for the suggestions ladies! xx

Sounds delicious, have fun xx

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

I did get the chocs and wine as they were included... won't be eating the chocs but will definitely have a glass of rose :)

Nandos sounds great... i go far too often, at least twice a month... cannot get enough of it!
The spicy rice is my favourite side :)

Back