Made a huge decision

juneduggan

Well tonight i lost 2lbs and that means i have lost 2 stone in total and have made the decision that I am going to apply for a job that i have wanted to do for a long time but couldnt because my weight held me back (there is a fitness test as part of the job and your bmi had to be below 30). So just need to start the application and get it sent away and ill keep my fingers crossed :-D xxx

Well done on your weight loss:happy096:

It is brilliant news you are feeling confidant and ready to take on new challenges!

Wishing you all the best with your new job application!:cross:

Well done!! It's amazing how much difference your weight can make in every aspect of your life, and how much you realise it has held you back when you start to shake off some of your old anxieties.

When I got to a landmark weight for me last year (which I am much over now :sigh:) I finally started looking for another job and had the confidence to dress in that smart suit and go and feel comfortable in a professional environment, and I got it. I ended up not taking it as my current work offered me a payrise to beat the new job, but can't be bad- a payrise just because losing weight helped with my confidence.

Makes me laugh, people say 'why do you waste your money every week standing on someone else's scales, it's throwing money away, now you know the plan you can do it yourself' etc etc. I think, well, in a way I could say that with that payrise Slimming World earned me thousands overnight just by making me feel like I could be taken seriously, and when I compare that to the £4.95 every week, it doesn't seem like a bad equation :)

Anyway, I didn't mean to harp on about me quite so much, I'm just saying confidence can almost be tangible and makes such a difference professionally. Really, really good luck with your application, I look forward to hearing how you get on? :D

thanks for your replies.
i loved reading your reply its amazing to hear whats happening in other peoples world.
i cant believe the difference i feel already but still got more to lose as well - back out tonight runnning as need to be able to do a mile and half run in under 15 minutes :-O
i feel so positive about the future
xxxx

juneduggan said:
thanks for your replies.
i loved reading your reply its amazing to hear whats happening in other peoples world.
i cant believe the difference i feel already but still got more to lose as well - back out tonight runnning as need to be able to do a mile and half run in under 15 minutes :-O
i feel so positive about the future
xxxx

You will get to that mile and a half time in no time at all! Keep at it x

I'm being nosy now ;) what job is it that you're applying for?

Really pleased you have a new found confidence, although I am also nosey, what job is it ;o)

Well tonight i lost 2lbs and that means i have lost 2 stone in total and have made the decision that I am going to apply for a job that i have wanted to do for a long time but couldnt because my weight held me back (there is a fitness test as part of the job and your bmi had to be below 30). So just need to start the application and get it sent away and ill keep my fingers crossed :-D xxx

That's fantastic news, wishing you lots and lots of luck x

Well i was out running again tonight and was 50 seconds quicker than the other night (and this is only my 2nd run) so managing the mile and a half in about 18 and 1/2 minutes so got to try and shave 3 and 1/2 minutes off that time at least to pass which if i keep going shouldnt be a problem.

he he well the job i will be applying for is to join the Police as a constable - so fingers crossed xxx

Oh good luck, is it still the beep test and dynamic strength kinda thing?

Well i was out running again tonight and was 50 seconds quicker than the other night (and this is only my 2nd run) so managing the mile and a half in about 18 and 1/2 minutes so got to try and shave 3 and 1/2 minutes off that time at least to pass which if i keep going shouldnt be a problem.

he he well the job i will be applying for is to join the Police as a constable - so fingers crossed xxx

Wow, I'm really pleased for you. How long do you have to train to get your time down?

It's awesome that you feel confident enough to do that now. That will be one interesting job!

the fitness test is either bleep test or to run 1 mile and half in under 15 mins (for my age - differs for male and females and age group).

Well i am running at about 18 mins so need to shave 3 mins off but should be able to do that no bother :)

I already work for police taking 999 calls but want to be the one going out to the calls not just taking them xx

What a lovely, motivating thread. Congratulations - is so lovely that you feel confident enough now to follow your dreams. It's incredible what improved self-image can do for you - there will be no stopping you now!

Can't wait to hear how you get on!

Good luck :) I finally applied to do a course that I felt I couldn't do when I was heavier. I'm finally on the road to being a dietician :)

Back