Magic pants recommendations

Sio

Hello all, I'm going to a wedding in a few weeks and have a lovely dress to wear. I'm at target and am happy with my size, on a new journey to tone up and be less wobbly, but not there yet. The dress is quite clingy and I'm a bit worried about after the big 3 course dinner!

Who has what and are they any good?

I have the m&s ones & they are AMAZING! i'm still a fatty really despite a decent loss & they give me a flat tummy.

I'm with kingleds - M&S do a great range and not too expensive. I have a very wobbly tummy after a 5 stone loss and they make it flat even under a fitted dress. Enjoy the wedding!

Don't do it! I wore m and s magic pants for a wedding years ago, was only on seeing pics after I realised they had just pushed the fat up to under my boobs! Awful!

I got a don't know what?from eBay Minimiser? Like t shirt only it holds everything in to where you pull it down to? Hips wear a bra underneath. It was £10

I had some. MnS ones and found that when I sat down they tended to roll down from over the bit they were supposed to be holding in!! :) I then bought some from primark which were quite good and didn't roll down and not expensive either!!! Plus when they're new I find them quite tight and I felt like I couldn't fit any more food in my tum so added bonus!! :)

Hiya,

I am currently selling a Ladies Body Contour on e-bay in Black Size Medium - why dont you take a quick peep as I dont know how to put the link on here.

If you search for darkcookie1000 its towards the end of the long list of items, if you cant find it just let me know.

hope that helps.

Lyn

Heya

Personally id say if you can get away with wearing a contour vest under your dress rather than pants I would as I think they work so much better

I have some really good shapewear which i bought from Simply Be and its the silhouette range the vest is the thing I wear the most it smooths out the bumps rather than pushing them elsewhere but I also have the pants (both the boy shorts & the ones that look like cycling shorts ) and they really do hold you in

Also I have some intimates control wear I got from Very they are really good also , I bought a few more of the vest tops on ebay new I liked them so much

basically although a fan of holdy in pants im more a fan of a holdy in vest .. it looks less like scaffolding in if the OH spots it ;-)

Gen x

Gene Genie said:
Heya

Personally id say if you can get away with wearing a contour vest under your dress rather than pants I would as I think they work so much better

I have some really good shapewear which i bought from Simply Be and its the silhouette range the vest is the thing I wear the most it smooths out the bumps rather than pushing them elsewhere but I also have the pants (both the boy shorts & the ones that look like cycling shorts ) and they really do hold you in

Also I have some intimates control wear I got from Very they are really good also , I bought a few more of the vest tops on ebay new I liked them so much

basically although a fan of holdy in pants im more a fan of a holdy in vest .. it looks less like scaffolding in if the OH spots it ;-)

Gen x

Lol, that's what they are called? Contour vest! As I said mines ace and £10 from eBay seller brand new. It's comfy but wear a bra or you get the one boobage look! X

Thanks for all the replies girls. Looks like I need a trip to M&S and to be in a good state of mind. Some of them look really scary! I want a bit of help but not uncomfortable, I've seen friends who all they can think about is getting home to get their pants off and not in an interesting way lol

The finest contraceptive there is.lol !!!

Mine are like the Marks ones but bought in a store called El Corte Ingles at twice the price of the Marks ones but hey much less than the airfare to get to Marks.

I have an antiques fair on Monday that is a real dress up venue. At the mo' I am wearing a beige linen Elvi dress with a black shrug and accessories and I look in the mirror and all I see are my thighs. DH swears you can not see them but then he loves me more than I love me.

If a certain grey silk number arrives before then the whole outfit changes. Welshcake posted it last week so fingers crossed.

Enjoy the wedding.

Last edited:
Buy the marks ones a size bigger than you usually would. They come up small
Imo (in that my size 22 are still fitting me even though i am now a size 16)

Sio said:
Thanks for all the replies girls. Looks like I need a trip to M&S and to be in a good state of mind. Some of them look really scary! I want a bit of help but not uncomfortable, I've seen friends who all they can think about is getting home to get their pants off and not in an interesting way lol

Make sure as kingleds says buy them a size bigger than you would normally go and you should be ok in terms of comfort.

Back