Main facts

Sam

Banned
Yesterday one of my friends told me that she is joining the weight watchers programm to lose some weight. Unfortunately I have never really heard of this programm. I am also trying to lose some weight and until now I have cut down my food portions only. And I am trying to do some more sports. But what are the main facts about weight watchers? Maybe it would be interesting for me as well!

WW has 2 programmes, core & points.

Core has a list of food which is 'free' you can eat as much of it a day as you want.

On the points plan you are given a number of points per day, based on you age, sex, weight, height. Every food has a points value and basically you can eat what you like within the day, totting up your points as you go. So long as you use your daily allowance youll lose weight.

It really is a great way to diet

Hi Starlight thanks a lot for the information about weight watcher's. So you said that everybody is given a number of points a day. So for example how many points have a piece of bread and a little bit jam (that is what I usually eat in the morning)? And is it possible to say how many points most people have a day? Have you been successful doing this programm?

Hi Sam

If you check out the WW forum there is a post there that explains how you calculate how many points per day you can have. Starlight is one of Minimins' many stars in as much as she has now lost over 8 stone following WW, which is an amazing achievement :clap:

Will see if I can find the link for you...

Hi D_Q, I just clicked on the link and I calculated how many point I am allowed to have a day. Thanks a lot. I am trying to find some more information about this kind of diet in the internet. Maybe this would really be a good option for me to lose some weight. First I simply tried to cut down the portions, but this is really difficult sometimes as you can't estimate it all the time. WW seemds much easier!

Hi Starlight thanks a lot for the information about weight watcher's. So you said that everybody is given a number of points a day. So for example how many points have a piece of bread and a little bit jam (that is what I usually eat in the morning)? And is it possible to say how many points most people have a day? Have you been successful doing this programm?

Hi there

The points in something depend on a lot of things, mostly the bread and jam you use lol Youll find most of us on here use either WW bread (rubbish for toasting) or Kingsmill 50/50 crustless both of which are only 0.5 points a slice, albeit the slices are smaller. A slice of that with the lowest fat flora & WW jam would only be 1.5 points. A slice of 'real' bread ;) with marg & jam would probably be around 3/3.5 :)

Youll find if you do WW you become an absolute expert in finding the lower point alternatives to things

Hi there

The points in something depend on a lot of things, mostly the bread and jam you use lol Youll find most of us on here use either WW bread (rubbish for toasting) or Kingsmill 50/50 crustless both of which are only 0.5 points a slice, albeit the slices are smaller. A slice of that with the lowest fat flora & WW jam would only be 1.5 points. A slice of 'real' bread ;) with marg & jam would probably be around 3/3.5 :)

Youll find if you do WW you become an absolute expert in finding the lower point alternatives to things

Hi Starlight thanks for you quote. Well 1,5 points for a slice of bread with fat flora and WW jam is not too bad when you compare it to the number of points which you have a day. I have never looked for WW products so far-so is it possible to buy this WW bread in a normal supermarket?

You'll get WW in a lot of places, they do several types. Its quite nice but if youre a toast fan, give it a wide berth, its makes awful toast lol

Yesterday I went shopping and I looked for weight watcher's products. I was surprised how many products you will find in a common store. I also already bought some and I think I am going ww a chance :) But I have one more question. What happens if I am eating more than my daily amount of points. Is is maybe possible to have more points one day and then less the following day?

Youre best trying to do it the other way round, save a few points and use them over the week :) You can save up to 4 points per day.

How many points are you on?

I have 25 points every day. I started to do watch watcher's yesterday. It is still a little confusing as I actually have to plan now what I am going to eat the whole day. Otherwise I wouldn't have enough points I think. Yesterday I used all the points that I have. Hopefully I will be able to save some points as well sometimes.

When you get into it you learn the lower point foods and can substitute them for higher points foods when you want to save a few ;) Don't save too many though!

Thanks so much for your help. This is already my 4th day and I am quite happy with the programm. I think it is really great that you are able to eat everything that you like-even a piece of cake. You just have to check your points. Tubs, you said that I shouldn't save too many points. But why? Isn't it good too save some points every day?

Sam, saving points can cause your weight loss to slow down if you don't use them up :) If you're allowed 23pts a day and only ever use 19, when your allowance goes down to 19pts you'll just stop losing weight :sigh:

Back