Maintainers...advice needed please???

Ella Belle

Silver Member
Hi All,

I just have a quick question. I'm not going to be maintaining yet but I think you guys will know the answer to this more than anyone else. I plan to refeed next week and stay off LT for a few weeks over Christmas and maybe forever I don't know. I might come back for a few weeks in the new year but not 100% sure yet. Anyway, my question is, do you think if I switch straight over to following WW propoints after my refeed week I will maintain the weight I am or is it inevitable that I will put on some weight eating again? I have always planned on re-joining ww after LT but we don't have propoints here yet in Ireland and I can't be bothered to pay when it's not the new plan yet so I'm goig to wait until after Christmas to join. I'm just terrified about eating over Christmas, I want to do it sensibly and I think following pp would be best for me as it will allow the odd treat, I'm afraid if I try to stay away from treats completely I will binge.

I would really appreciate your advice as to what to do...xxx

Hi sweetie the week I did refeed didnt go 100% as I was unwell so I followed refeed week for a second week but was more lenient with myself and had some treats too. Then I went straight to WW pro points, I'm in Ireland too so I've done it all with the advice of Tanya, Jan and Mary on here who have been fab aswell as research online. I personally love the pp system bearing in mind I was familiar with the discover plan but had never done it! It's fantastice because you have so much freedom I had a chinese and bottle of wine last week and tonight :) You can eat what you like once you count it ;)

I havent put on weight I have lost which is good. I'm not at goal but I am happy at this weight and am happy to be maintaining and still having a life xx

Thanks Chick, I'm starting refeed tonight!! I'm very excited and nervous. I'm going to do the refeed week properly and then do a mixture of maintenance/LT shakes and WW. I'm goign to have a look around here to see if I can find the pp for the shakes, if the info isn't on here I'm sure I can work it out myself tonight. The next few weeks are going to be tense I'd say, I know I will more than likely fluctuate a bit in the beginning, just hoping not by much.....the gym is going to be hit hard!!

Thanks again for your support, you're great xxx

If you follow the refeed sheet to the letter you should be fine. Even do a second week of refeed if you wish. I think, if you follow your WW principles and keep a very careful eye on your portion sizes you will maintain your losses.
Xmas will be a testing time for us all, too much temptation of both food and drink. I took a break from TFR last Xmas and did put on 4lbs but lost it quickly enough once I restarted in January.
In the real world we have to have a bit of balance and we cannot be saints 100% of the time.
So maybe plan for putting on a couple of pounds over the holiday but be sure to address this firmly once January comes round.
Lots of luck for your refeed.

Thanks for your advice Molly. I started my refeed this evening. I loved it but now feel really bloated, I'm sure that's normal though. I think I'll keep going with at least one LT product a day for a while, I'll see how I get on. I'm trying to find out what the ww propoints would be in the shakes though, to see if it's better to have them or eat normally.

Thanks again for you help :)

If you post the protein, carbs, fat and fibre content of the products you want 'pointing' one of us can work it out for you OR there is a link to an online calculator around (Might be in my thread, Mary's, Tanya's or all of them ;)) where you can work it out yourself.

When I'm home this evening I'll post the link here if someone hasn't done it already xx

Thanks Jan, I actually bookmarked that online calculator when it was put up before. My chemist didn't have the maintenance products leaflet though so I don't have the nutritional info for those products. I had a big search around the web and here last night and I think the maintenance bar was 4points on the old ww system so it's bound to be higher now. I worked out that the LT shakes are 4pp each. I think I'll probably stick with an LT shake every morning for a while and count it as 4pp, if I have the bar I'll allow 6pp. In the beginning I'm goign to have less than the 29pp per day I think, to try to ward off the weight!!! :)

Thx for all the advice guys which I was going to ask for too! Not sure yet if I stick to a shake or have oatsosimple for breakfast? The warmth and fibre of the porridge is far more tempting than the shake!

Haven't had any shakes for about a week (would have to check when as brain has turned to mush) and have to say that I don't miss them much!

Back