Maintaining - 18 months post Exante TS

Getslimquick

Been liberated by Exante!
Its now 18 months since I reached my goal. Its not easy but I am a new person and am beginning to think I might never put this weight on again. I feel so well, enjoy new clothes and love the confidence of having a normal BMI. I hope this helps someone who is struggling. It was not easy, some days it was very hard. I hated the anti social nature of three packets a day. I did not like the inevitable constipation and it seemed that I lived in the loo for eight months! Gallons of water, it was an acute eight months but there is no going back. So good luck exanters, GSQ

Thank you for posting GSQ, I have been waiting excitedly for your latest update :)

Well done you. Life is improved by choice not chance. You did it :)

Good things come to those who get off their ar*e and work for it!

Hard work, works. I hope you feel very proud xx

Good to see your update GSQ :D
Well done for still being thin after all this time :D

Its now 18 months since I reached my goal. Its not easy but I am a new person and am beginning to think I might never put this weight on again. I feel so well, enjoy new clothes and love the confidence of having a normal BMI. I hope this helps someone who is struggling. It was not easy, some days it was very hard. I hated the anti social nature of three packets a day. I did not like the inevitable constipation and it seemed that I lived in the loo for eight months! Gallons of water, it was an acute eight months but there is no going back. So good luck exanters, GSQ

Very encouraging, thank you :) I like that you're being realistic about the hard times of it as well, it's easy to look back sometimes and gloss over the difficult periods. But acknowledging them makes your success even greater I think. Well done! Hope I can follow your good example x

Thats amazing!!! The longest i properly maintained for was 6 months and then it started to creep back on!!

Your an inspiration and its amazing how well you have done =)

well done, that's great! How long did it take for the 6st 4lb to come off?

About eight months. March 2011 to November 2011. Thanks for your kind words. GSQ

Thanks for sharing with us gsq, it is very inspiring to see how someone has been on the exante diet and experienced all that we are right now but to have managed to keep it off too

I echo everyone else's comments. Thank you for sharing. I definitely don't want to go through all this if it is inevitable that I will out it all back on and some!

Yo have no idea how much I needed to read this thread! Xxxxxxx

I echo everyone else's comments. Thank you for sharing. I definitely don't want to go through all this if it is inevitable that I will out it all back on and some!

Yo have no idea how much I needed to read this thread! Xxxxxxx

Thank you and the very best of luck to you on your journey.

. I think it helps to know that VLCD 600 calories a day is not for life. I think I saw it as 'treatment'. Take the packets, three times a day with lots of water and you will lose weight.

Ok it works,honestly it does. Ignore the scales, trust it, it works.

When it's done, then you can change your relationship with food, learn your trigger points, learn what makes you go under and aim to be in charge most of the time.

I learnt that porridge made with water is a fantastic start to every day and drinking lots of water helps nearly everything. It's easy to over eat, It tastes good and initially makes you feel good. But buying size twelve jeans in a choice of colours and styles makes me feel much better for far longer!

I hope this doesn't sound smug or preaching, like an alcoholic I have a controlled addiction to food. I have the innate ability to be morbidly obese again. But being slim has some great compensations. My knees don't ache anymore and back ache is long gone. Most of all it's not difficult to exercise when your BMI is normal and that gives you some calorie freedom.

Enough rambling for tonight, keep going, it's worth it.

GSQ

Well done GSQ you really are an inspiration so pleased you are enjoying life so much after loosing the weight and enjoying those size 12's fab X

Amazing!! Cant wait to meet you there!! xx

Hello GSQ,

well done for your weight loss and for maintaining for so long. I am hopeful you will be able to help give me some tips. I am 2 pounds from goal. In the size 10 dress and size 12 jeans and it feels fantastic but I am terrified of leaving the diet behind as it has become what I have known for the last 4 months. I know I need to make good food choices and exercise (the bane of my life:() but even

Hello GSQ,

well done for your weight loss and for maintaining for so long. I am hopeful you will be able to help give me some tips. I am 2 pounds from goal. In the size 10 dress and size 12 jeans and it feels fantastic but I am terrified of leaving the diet behind as it has become what I have known for the last 4 months. I know I need to make good food choices and exercise (the bane of my life:() but I am still scared. How did you make the leap to normal food and r u always good with the gym and eating properly. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Wow.:D Your achievement is quite inspiring. I want to start the exante diet and plan to do so at the begining of June. If I manage to achieve half of what you have including maintaining the weight loss I will be a very happy bunny! :)

Go for it Sharon. I started a month ago and love it, just wish I'd started months ago. 18lb down and going strong :)

I thought I'd bump this up to inspire anyone else starting exante!

I am hoping to emulate the same success once I am finished.

Fantastic inspiration!
Would love to hear how you're doing now?

Back