Maintaining Target

joedenise

Target Member
Hi all

Could really do with some help with how to maintain now I'm at target (reached last week :)) and don't really want to lose any more but feel I probably have this week, although I can't get to WI to find out because of the snow!

I do mainly EE with the occasional Green day. This week I have had 1.5 HEAs each day and a few extra syns but generally still not going over 15.

What should I really be doing to maintain?

TIA.

Denise

I was advised to increase my healthy extras. I am still adjusting, like you. I only reached target just over a month ago and am still bouncing around a bit. Try adding an extra HexB and an extra Hex A to what you are currently have and see how that works. It does take some adjustment to maintain.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try. It's really difficult to work out what to do now I've reached target - I don't mind dropping to the bottom end but I certainly don't want to go any lower than that or I will be underweight again!

Denise

SW advise that you increase your B choices so go up to 2 on EE. If you still lose then go up to 3 etc.
Some find they really can't have more than one, some can have up to 4 but the one thing SW do say is not to increase your syns.
However, some find it best to have a flexi day or two a week (up to a point) and stick to plans all other days.
It takes a lot of work. I've done it for a couple of years now without going out of target, I'm a bit out now but I'm working to get back there.
It's not easy at all.

My 3 meals a day have hardly changed now I am target- I just allow myself to be a bit more relaxed on the synned stuff (I know i should increase HEX not syns, but I guess we have to all do what works for us). I go to the gym at least 5 times a week and do need the extra energy, so a lot of the syns are 'healthy' like nuts, dried fruit, avocado, protein drinks .... but there are a fair few that go on wine and scones! I think as long as I exercise and ensure my main meals are SW ones I can afford to be more relaxed on occasion (just not all of the time, like the old days).

watching this thread with interest as i hit target on the 15th november so learning myself!

Back