Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Extra Easy Maintaining weight after 4 weeks..

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by XSootyX, 5 August 2011 Social URL.

1. XSootyX

XSootyX New Member

:sigh:

Hello to everyone- I am new here :D

I did extra easy and lost 22 pounds, (now I am back to my normal weight). However, I am finding it difficult to maintain. I didnt go to a group- I was online, and after I reached target that was it.
    It seems that it is now more tempting to eat some extra syns, but I do not want to put that weight back on and have to start all over again. Saying that, I dont want to keep losing either. :eek:

Has anyone got any tips? And I am sorry if this has been reposted before :)
    xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sweet pink

sweet pink is losing for shoes

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(34.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Firstly well done on reaching target!!! I'm not at that stage yet so can't really offer you any advice but I'm pretty sure there is a thread on the sub forum 'through the stones to your zone' for those at target & maintaining. Maybe someone there would be able to offer you some advice on the right thing to be doing now :)

4. geordie_lass21

geordie_lass21 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(6.98%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've been at target now for 7 months and one thing I do is follow all the principles of slimming world e.g. -

sw chips, no oil on roast potatoes, cut the fat off meat / roast chicken remove the skin.
    remember that i should have 1/3 superfree at a meal. drink diet drinks, choose healthier alcoholic drinks (e.g. wine / spirits over cider/beer); remember treats are treats, not to be having every day.

i genuinely believe slimming world for me is a way of life (i have followed the principles for about 10 years and have always maintained within 7 lbs ). I rejoined after having a baby as needing to get my focus back.

So thats my advice - allow youself to have treats, still weigh in weekly and if you put on a couple of pounds go back to the plan and work out where you went wrong (too many treats maybe).

oh and the other thing i do = i dont plan to eat bread (i eat weetabix in the morning and if i am able to have a non bread lunch then i will). I havent given it up, if i need to take a sandwich for work then i will.

5. Tiphareth

Tiphareth Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7.5lb(27.73%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The advice you are given in group is to adjust your healthy extras rather than syns until you find a balance.

I'm still 1lb from target so this is something new I'm now have to get my head through - although looking at my weight losses for the last couple of months, I know how to maintain grrrrrrr.

6. mandy296

mandy296 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(23.89%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've found that nothing has changed, I follow Slimming World exactly as if I was still trying to lose, but I will allow myself treats if I'm safely within target range - but pull it back a little if I'm at the top end of range. Some weeks I will lose, others I will gain or STS, it all pretty much evens out.

In fact, my technique is pretty much identical to geordielass 21

7. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I stick to plan. My body seems to be 100% content here, so I eat normally, 15 syns and HEx measured and eaten.

I find I'm a very happy bunny, most of the time, as I can eat what I like... just in moderation. :)

8. XSootyX

XSootyX New Member

Hello all :)

am new here so just managed to find the thread again through searching and read the replies.

Wanted to say thank you to everyone it is truly a help :)
    xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.