Maintanence with Slimming World

emmaleighjohnson

Pink and Fluffy Poster
I adore the Slimming World plan as it worked miracles for me. I came on to CD for the last big push to get me to my destination.

I intend to do SW after I've reached my target (and gone through all the steps of course).

Will this work? Has anyone else done this?

No advice but this is exactly what I plan to do once I get to my goal. hopefully someone will advise us both !!

I KNOW that SW works but I am so scared of putting on weight after losing it all through this (let's be honest...) less than lovely and expensive process. I ate well on SW. I just allowed stress to take over and make me binge.

This is like me Emma, red days on SW work wonders for me but I wanted something where I was more in control, hence CD if that makes sense. I definitely think that SW is the way forward for me to stabilise my weight afterwards though xx

emmaleigh, how long did it take you to lose the weight with SW ?

I started on 29th November 2004 and lost 2st and 1lb from November to April so just over give months. It wasn’t all losses though it was up and down.
I gave up because I was the only one on the plan in the house. It wasn’t my house (I was living with my partner and his parents) and there was too much pressure.
I then started again nearly a year later on 6th February 2006. I had gained 1st 1lb in that time and I stayed on it then until January 08 and I got down to 10st 10lbs. It was up and down though and I wasn’t always perfect.
I then decided to get married and ballooned up to 12st 1lb with binge eating. I developed binge eating disorder which was a shock because, even though I was big, I’d never self-harmed with food before. I’d eaten and I was happy but I wasn’t happy being big. Now it was that I ate and hated eating and hated myself.

So it’s been nearly four years of dieting but I am expecting that it’ll all be over soon and I can live my life following the Slimming World plan. I’ve had a chance to come to terms with my binge eating and my triggers. I’ve seen therapists and I have learned to accept my emotions. Things are different now.

If you are interested: http://community.livejournal.com/shrinkingem/profile

Thanks Em and well done on your loss. I need to lose 5 1/2 stone to get to my target of 11st 7lbs. This will still make me overweight on my BMI as I am 5ft 4 but its a weight I feel I look o.k at. Trouble is following a miscarriage in January my hubby and I want children so I want to lose the weight fast which is why I am doing CD. dont get me wrong the weight is falling of at the moment but I am not eating and with summer coming up I feel quite unsocialable. Still I think I will plod on until September with CD and take it from there.

Thanks for answering so promptly. xx

Its many years since I did SW.

The only negative thing I'd say about SW is if you are a big eater you are encouraged to as much as you like on Red and Green days. I felt like it wasn't helping me with portion control. It would worry me if a binge eater followed there plan, well that is if it still work on the same ie eat as much as you like on Red and Green days.

Its many years since I did SW.

The only negative thing I'd say about SW is if you are a big eater you are encouraged to as much as you like on Red and Green days. I felt like it wasn't helping me with portion control. It would worry me if a binge eater followed there plan, well that is if it still work on the same ie eat as much as you like on Red and Green days.

This is my query, does the portion control thing matter? Will I still remain the same weight if I eat the lots and lots and lots of pasta I was eating before when I was losing weight?

I am a sucker for a MASSIVE bowl of pasta and 28g cheese.

Hopefully by the time we have gone through all the weeks on ss+ then on through to maintain our weight our stomachs should-hopefully, have shrunk enough so we wont want huge portions of food???? I want to go on to sw afterwards as well x

I am so glad other people are thinking the same as me.
Although I do wonder who else on here has made massive list of things they will be able to eat once they're done.

I have made a huuuuugggeee list of free food meals so I can really appreciate them once I have finished with CD.

Back