maintenance with 5:2

A place called caspian, monster portions though! I had around 1400kcals in one meal! Successful fast yesterday but not today... :(

So fast day is out the window.... I no longer can do consecutive fasts... I'm so hungry the day after a fast and especially after insanity that trying to restrict my cals leaves me thinking of food constantly and I really felt I'd passed that phase. So.... Plan of action.... Sticking with 5:2 but only on Mondays and Wednesdays! And defo increasing my kcal's to 1600 other days with a Sunday allowing for extra. No more weekly weighing. I've not been over 9.7 since mid nov so think I can safely say I'm maintaining fairly well so need to give myself a proper go of eating. Insanity has defo made me more hungry and need to eat cleaner and have more nutritionally complete food. My bran flakes with banana and yoghurt is an excellent breakfast after insanity and it does keep me satisfied for hours. Going to boil some eggs in the mornings too for a quick high protein snack. Will weigh maybe fortnightly but maybe even monthly? In the meantime ill go by my clothes and my food diary. My main goal now is my body fat and it is coming down so hopefully ill see a juicy big drop next weigh day! xxx

Thanks Ali, I'm finding it rather stressful at the moment. Constantly battling hunger with fasting and panicking about weighing. I'm in size 8s for goodness sake, I need to cut myself some slack otherwise i will become obsessed! Xxx

I can only imagine how difficult it must be xx For a long time your focus was to work hard and get to target and now you're there I can understand how stressful it must be to try and be a bit more relaxed. I agree with the going with how your clothes fit and trying to keep away from the scales. You want to enjoy the fruits of your labour...size 8 :faint2:!!! I think the hunger is your body telling you it needs a bit more fuel to help with the exercise you do. Have you tried using one of the many calculators online to get a rough idea of the calories you need to maintain at your weight and activity level?

It's great to read ur experiences Carrie. Ur my light at the end of this tunnel! Little bit more good and balanced nutrition sounds like the way forward. Laying off the weighing also a good idea :) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk 1 -1st 4lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2...

I can only imagine how difficult it must be xx For a long time your focus was to work hard and get to target and now you're there I can understand how stressful it must be to try and be a bit more relaxed. I agree with the going with how your clothes fit and trying to keep away from the scales. You want to enjoy the fruits of your labour...size 8 :faint2:!!! I think the hunger is your body telling you it needs a bit more fuel to help with the exercise you do. Have you tried using one of the many calculators online to get a rough idea of the calories you need to maintain at your weight and activity level?

I use mfp which indicates 1840kcals to maintain not including exercise cals but that's a big jump from what I've been doing so I'd rather increase it slowly. I totally agree with the hunger. It's not craving its physical hunger. Hopefully the next few weeks will see me right :) thanks xxx

It's great to read ur experiences Carrie. Ur my light at the end of this tunnel! Little bit more good and balanced nutrition sounds like the way forward. Laying off the weighing also a good idea :) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk 1 -1st 4lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2...

Thanks, fingers crossed in a few weeks the weight will still be stable xxx

Just popping in to say you're amazing. I know it's hard but you're doing great. Give yourself some praise as well. You've come such a long way and you have no idea how much I'm inspired by you.

M x

Thanks so much. :) I've done day 24 of insanity and I feel it's getting harder! Lol! Also attempting a wed fast so had jam on toast for breakfast 95kcals metcalfes skinny sea salt topcorn 52kcals and a maxwell house latte at 50kcals for lunch. Going great so far :) xxx

Well done on your amazing effort and weight loss!

I use mfp which indicates 1840kcals to maintain not including exercise cals but that's a big jump from what I've been doing so I'd rather increase it slowly. I totally agree with the hunger. It's not craving its physical hunger. Hopefully the next few weeks will see me right :) thanks xxx
Oh I think you are quite right to increase slowly so you can find the level that's right for you. And focussing on lowering your body fat will give you a leaner body mass which will burn more calories... so it's win win :D xx

Thanks. This week has been a weird one... No overly indulgent days but a lot of cals from sugar... :/ will start afresh soon, really concentrate on protein next week xxx

It's going great day 28 ( rest day ) today... All ready to start recovery week tomorrow. Bring it lol xxx

Day 31/63 insanity done!!! Will be half way tomorrow!!! Yay! Egg n 2 slices ham for breakfast! 86kcals Let the protein fast commence! Xxx Got my 25g portion almonds weighed out for lunch break today! Yummy! Xxx

Need to remember about this diary! Day 1 and day 29 comparison pics! Xxx

image-2846148063.jpg

image-3427903017.jpg

Wow! Away for a few day and seeing your day 1 and day 29 pic from Insanity is fantastic! I know if I even bought insanity I don't think I'd have the discipline to stick to it religiously like you Carrie. You are just amazing and look amazing!

Wow... That is so fantastic. The difference is so clear. I'm off to buy Insanity!!!

Well done honeybun :) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4...

Back