maintenance with 5:2

Thank you... It's Costochronditis ( inflammation of the cartridge between the ribs and chest wall) signed off for a week. Blood tests too to check for infection. Initial results show no clot on the lung ( didn't even know they were checking that :/) and other results should be back tomorrow or wed. Been prescribed co-codamol 30/500 and naproxen 500 to help pain and its helping slightly. Excited about a reasonable good day though :) 714kcals, finally a decent day :) xxx

Oh! Dear, that's awful but it explains why you felt so wretched! Once painkillers kick and and help,settle the inflammation you'll begin to feel better. So pleased you had good day yesterday.

Thanks ladies, I feel more in control now. Fasting is out the window as I do feel I need a few mor cals with these meds but... My plan is to aim for 800kcals? I'm using ultraslim meal replacement shakes twice per day and a ww meal at night. Well that worked yesterday so I'm going with it. Mins, vits and nutrients inc and not having to over think food. My long term plan is to this till mon 28tg April when I can get back to 4:3 and aiming for 8000 steps per day. I know it's very low but it's manageable and I don't want to overdo it. 28th I'm hoping I can restart my cardio, thighs n abs challenge and my hula again... :/ then mid may I'm giving insanity another go! :) I feel instantly positive when I have a plan. I really over done it last week, hence the pain worsened so I need to listen to my body. :) hope you all have a great day xxx

Gosh! You know 800 cals is LCD? I'm the last person qualified to give advice on health and diet (unless it's how no t so so it!) but I would have thought you need 1200 minimum given your activity levels? 800 callories being LCD would be ok if were sedentary but seems low for you doing the exercise regime and recovering for this inflammation?

Im so sorry if I sound like someone of MFP!!! I don't mean to be a know it all and my way is the only way! Like I said I'm. Hardy qualified to proffer advice when I'm heading away from goal on. It towards it! Just genuinely concerned you are ok. X

see how you go.

I'm not doing any exercise though, at all. Just aiming for steps but didn't even do 6000 today :/ and finished on 1361 kcals lol! I'm my own worst enemy. My main aim right now is to improve my health, heal properly then the cardio will commence! ;) I'm using meal replacement packs for 2 meals ( really for ease and to ensure vits mins and nutrients are there ) and a low calorie meal at night. I'm trying to not massively over eat. I find if I set a goal of 1400 I'd end up eating 1700, if I set a goal of 800 I start the day relatively low so If I feel hungry at night I'm not feeling guilty? Does that make sense? It does to me lol xxx

Morning Carrie. Yes that makes absolute sense! I had visions of you being on 800 calories and doing insanity everyday and feeling awful as a result. I have myself done vlcd or LCD whilst having three PT sessions a day and felt exhausted and needed protein shakes as extra bit insanity like you were doing it sounded far more intense.

i can can see myself setting a lower calories target to have a buffer and my mind works the same way!

Do hope you are restored to full health very soon! It's awful being unwell or in pain. Have agood healthy day sweetie. X

Haha! I don't think I could even do half the warm up right now lol! It certainly works better than a planned higher day ( always leave myself some leeway then I'm not full of guilt ) it's an ongoing process though and one ill never give up, we all know what happens when we do? :) thanks for your support xxx

Well drs phoned, I've to go back tomorrow at 10am with regards to blood tests... They've obviously found something otherwise they'd have just said negative... It was the receptionist and didn't know anymore... what's wrong with me?? Xxx

Awh! Sweetie hopefully it will be something easily sorted a deficiency that can be sorted. Try not to worry I know easier said than done. (((hugs!))))

Sorry, my liver and kidney function bloods came back as abnormal so they've taken more bloods but due to Easter weekend it'll be tues or wed before I get the results. Pain wise, I reduced the cocodamol and actually feel better with none. So haven't had any pain relief since yesterday morning. If it gets sore I will take some but just now the pain is manageable xxx

I'm glad you are in less pain Carrie and you will take pain relief if you need it. Be careful with the cocos amil as the codeine in it can give you an icky tummy. I so hope results are clear next week once they are rechecked. Make sure you rest over the rest of Easter weekend and not over do things. X

Sorry, my liver and kidney function bloods came back as abnormal so they've taken more bloods but due to Easter weekend it'll be tues or wed before I get the results. Pain wise, I reduced the cocodamol and actually feel better with none. So haven't had any pain relief since yesterday morning. If it gets sore I will take some but just now the pain is manageable xxx

Hope its nothing Carrie! I've had an abnormal kidney test before so they retested and it was fine. Please keep us updated! xx

I've had a good few painless days and a good few high high calorie days but.... I'm back ready to 4:3! Breakfast is a vanilla latte! 109kcals. Here we go! Xxx

Back