maintenance with 5:2

Baby's name is Cian. I'm on way to meet mum in law in Carlisle for what was supposed to be birthday afternoon tea but it's now cancelled due to me getting the 2:59 train upto Edinburgh to meet him. I'm still not allowed to post anything on fb as not all family in America know yet and they'd hate for close family to find out on fb.

Food wise no idea today as I'll be busy bussing it around Edinburgh. So it'll be what I can when I can. Will try my best to count though.

Really can't wait to get under 9.7 as that was my maintenance range ( top end ) but just to back in my cushion. It'll feel great. I'm really gonna try my damnedest for 8s by Xmas but if I don't ill still feel better at low 9s than high 9s. Nowt to lose except fat. Haha.

Hope yous all have a lovely day xxx

Carrie he's aboalutkey gorgeous. Just perfect and I can understand completely your excitement! Enjoy every precious minute with him!

glad you have a fab birthday and the post birthday weigh would have been water weight and not much else I'm sure. You've had a good fast day too and I think you will easily her under the 9st 7lb mark before Christmas.

Me n my gorgeous nephew xxx

image-2764710463.jpg

Attachments

• image-2389870370.jpg
    image-2389870370.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 73
Thanks ladies. Came in at 1725 yesterday. Would love to see single lbs digits ASAP xxx

Aaaw he really is amazing. My 200g pulled pork, morrisons stuffed mushrooms and 50g coleslaw xxx

image-4233289276.jpg

Hi Carrie. Read through some of your diary (I'd need hours to read it all) and am feeling really hopeful having read it.

I'm back on a VLCD two years after a big loss and subsequent regain / loss / regain and really want this time to be the last. Seeing someone doing it is very inspiring!

Do you mind if I ask you some nosy questions??

Which VLCD were you on? Did you do it more than once? How many cals on average are you having to maintain? Do you sometimes do 6:1?

Excuse the questions but I'm really hoping I can follow your lead!

I done lighter life in 2009 going from 13st 5lbs to 8st 12 in 19 weeks. Carried on losing through route to management so came off it and tried to maintain but ended up starving and binging as couldn't quite get my head around the glycogen regain so I started abusing the packs. I tried lighter life a few times later, but couldn't justify the £72 per week so after getting back to high 11s I started exante. Got down to 9.12 then started abusing then again. Eventually I decided I was always meant to be fat and that was it. Then jan 2013 I stepped on the scales at 13.8 and begged my husband to give exante 1 last go. Again I got to a point I was using them to binge n starve so I made a decision I was gonna finish the packs without buying more but along with a low carb meal. 2 packs plus a meal then when I was on my last 14 packs I changed it to 1 pack and 2 meals till they were finished. I then had 2 weeks low carbing. 1 weekend of carbs then commenced 5:2. I got to goal 12th December and maintained till April using 6:1 ( 5:2 if I'd had an indulgent day ) and my non fast cals were around 1600. Slowly with no weighing myself though those cals increased to 1800 then 1900 and I felt the lbs creep up. I'm now losing a few gained lbs to get back but am weighing daily to keep check.

Sorry long winded, I know everyone's different. The biggest shock for me though on my journey is that my maintenance cals are low. 2000kcals for women is only a guide and it's hard work finding our own maintenance level. With 5:2 though at least it's not a case of never having an indulgent day but knowing we have to balance that out with a fast.

Hope that helps xxx

I'm 1.3/4lbs up after my weekend so I'm happy with that. Fast today and I neeeeed to get scan bran but no break to get it. So gonna pester hubby. Haha! Xxx

That's amazing!

Its really interesting that you talk about abusing meal replacements because I never think of it like that but really, that's exactly what I've got into the habit of doing. Binging for weeks and then dropping 2 stone in 6 weeks and then repeating. Once you've found meal replacements its so hard to eat normally again and I'm really impressed that you've managed to do just that.

The maintenance cals thing is interesting too, I guess we just almost assume we can eat what we like once we're slim and that's totally not true! I suppose its trial and error.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, I'll be following your journey with interest!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

No probs. I wish there was an open and honest maintenance diary when I was coming off vlcd but it's trial and error :) no set way is the correct way and way it has to be, it's what works for the individual. Xxx

Fast day going well so far. Finally had the morrisons leek n bacon mushroom pies at 100kcals each! OMG!!! They are amazing!!!! Xxx

image-2546028897.jpg

Back