maintenance with 5:2

All the food in the pics was today's fast day food. It was a glass of Pepsi max at 1 calorie lol. Xxx

That looks like a great amount of food for 495! Definitely giving the 5:2 fasting a go once I've completed my 12 weeks/100 on the SnS plan. Love the Pepsi in a proper glass too!

image-1300805870.jpg

Attachments

• image-1175745481.jpg
    image-1175745481.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 56
  • image-3874339523.jpg
    image-3874339523.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 53
Great fast day Carrie x Sometimes I think we need to take a step back, take a breath and regroup. You have done so incredibly well. I know we all have a number in our heads that is the "ideal weight" but we can be kind to ourselves while getting there. And a pound here or there really doesn't make a massive difference. We all know that if we are having a good day and feel good when we look in the mirror..it can be ruined by stepping on a scale and seeing a number we don't like...despite the fact we were happy before we weighed!! Scales are a necessary evil...but like you say less often is better. I know you are never going to go backwards because you are so determined. xx

Thanks weebuns. I do hate the scales but know they keep me on track. I did weigh this morning... Eeek! But will wait till sat for official weight.

It really does feel fantastic to feel calmer around foods. So today I've finished on 1264kcals. Tae bod this morning. I had scan bran and 2 boiled eggs, for breakfast, 2 x cheddar fishcakes and veg for tea with a Pepsi max and a full tub of quark mixed with 11g sachet options coconut Belgian choc and a large banana sliced on top! Food was delicious and hubby bought me a wee gift today.... Can't wait to try it xxx

image-4106654242.jpg

Attachments

• image-2751518282.jpg
    image-2751518282.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 49
  • image-1183402832.jpg
    image-1183402832.jpg
    639.4 KB · Views: 50
  • image-3599168142.jpg
    image-3599168142.jpg
    570.8 KB · Views: 49
Sooooo soooo chuffed! My eldest has came in from work beaming! His permanent contract offer in one hand and his discount card in the other! As long as he carries on how he has been at school ( smashing his targets ) I'm so proud. He's a proper little saver too. ( so unlike me ) haha! So proud of the young man he's developed into. He even on Xmas eve, bought my hubby ( who isn't his biological dad, but was 3.5 when we started dating ) a Xmas card with dad on it gave him it on Xmas day as he's never called him dad but always describes him as his dad to anyone. He just melts my heart with how thoughtful he is. And his A's and B's in his mocks when he was predicted C's and now the job. I don't think it's possible to feel so much pride and emotion. I obviously didn't do too bad as a mum xxx

Awh! Carrie that's wonderful! What a lovely young man!! I feel your pride as I have a very similar circumstance and my eldest son see my DH as his dad and not step dad and always refers to him as his father. Mind you I think it's testatment not just to your son but to you as his mother but also your husband - you've both been instrumental in how this young man has turned out. I absolutely feel your pride!

Awh! Carrie that's wonderful! What a lovely young man!! I feel your pride as I have a very similar circumstance and my eldest son see my DH as his dad and not step dad and always refers to him as his father. Mind you I think it's testatment not just to your son but to you as his mother but also your husband - you've both been instrumental in how this young man has turned out. I absolutely feel your pride!

It's such an amazing feeling. An emotion I've never quite felt. As when they're small it's teaching and guidance that gets them where they need to be. The fact he done it all off his own back is amazing. Thanks kira xxx

Successful fast on 498. Had 1 scan bran with strawberry jam for breakfast, hubby came met me for lunch and I had a medium skinny latte and an alpen light bar, tea was a morrisons tomato and basil soup and I've still to have my 6kcal jelly. Shift was a mammoth 7-7 and was up at 4:55am to fit in my davina DVD. Soooo tired but will do day 5 thigh challenge after wee ones in bed and I'm heading to mine.

image-2886648262.jpg

Oh in other news, hubby's taking us up to Edinburgh so his mum n dad can look after the wee one and we can go out for a meal on valentines night. Can't wait xxx

Attachments

• image-2487612162.jpg
    image-2487612162.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Sooooo soooo chuffed! My eldest has came in from work beaming! His permanent contract offer in one hand and his discount card in the other! As long as he carries on how he has been at school ( smashing his targets ) I'm so proud. He's a proper little saver too. ( so unlike me ) haha! So proud of the young man he's developed into. He even on Xmas eve, bought my hubby ( who isn't his biological dad, but was 3.5 when we started dating ) a Xmas card with dad on it gave him it on Xmas day as he's never called him dad but always describes him as his dad to anyone. He just melts my heart with how thoughtful he is. And his A's and B's in his mocks when he was predicted C's and now the job. I don't think it's possible to feel so much pride and emotion. I obviously didn't do too bad as a mum xxx

You should be super proud mummy xx

Thanks Lexie. A sneaky peek at the scales this morning has made my morning. Really feeling good again. Hubby's making a curry in the slow cooker on Friday night for tea on sat so it'll be a guesstimate on cals but he is very healthy when he's cooking for me. No oils or fatty meat.

We've booked ricks in Edinburgh for our valentines meal and I've chosen my food already... ( I done the BBC diet quiz and apparently I'm a constant craver... This proves it ) I'm constantly thinking about food, but I was thinking last night about my success in not only hitting goal but maintaining in the early stages... I was soooo mindful of everything. With logging exercise and then logging a naughty food I became soooo mindful of how much I had to do to burn that naughty off. And if I was out for a meal I chose my bad. I enjoyed my meal because of this. If I wanted a naughty pud I chose a better starter or main and if a naughty main caught my eye I'd have no pud or what I thought would be least cals. I had that mindset last night. Looked at the menus, decided out of the 3 that I really wanted the sharing choc fondu for pud so will have fish and veg for my main. Now I know the fish will be cooked in oil or butter and the sauce will prob be zillions of cals but it'll be a light dish leaving plenty room for pud... :)

I really do feel my 8.10 goal can and will be hit. Still not decided if it's a goal I'll happily maintain but I do wanna see how I look and feel when I get there as it's always a number that's niggled.

Anyway... 9-3 shift planned today. Food all planned in mfp and I know today is going to be a good day. Bring on davina!

Hope you all have a fab day! Xxx

Great to read your are feeling positive again and your edinburgh trip sounds great! Love the planing it will make sure all your hard work doesn't go to waste.

Thanks kira. Good food today. On 1333 cals so far. Just watching movie with hubby xxx

image-4028690228.jpg

Attachments

• image-341675375.jpg
    image-341675375.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 46
  • image-3854003143.jpg
    image-3854003143.jpg
    620.7 KB · Views: 45
  • image-751722432.jpg
    image-751722432.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 48
Is that jam and banana on scan bran?
Great to see you all positive again Hun :) xx

Hi Carrie, just came across your diary. You are amazing, so impressed by how you have maintained your weight, you look so tiny! I have done 5:2 on and off for 2 years and recently got back on it...your fast days look fab. Going to follow for ideas x

Back