maintenance with 5:2

Still not great, my chest is sooo tight and it really hurts to breath at times. Went into town twice today and each time I came home I was proper exhausted. You'd think I'd just ran a marathon. Anyway.... Made a monumental decision today. I'm only going to count cals on fast days. Going to trial it for a few weeks and see if it works. I have real issues with trusting my judgment and if I see something that I want then check the cals if it's too much I won't have it. I'll end up choosing a lower cal, of something I do t want not find filling them end up snacking. I always finish my meals because I've weighed and counted them so even if I'm full or not enjoying it I still eat it as I don't know how to work out what I've had. I've wanted granola for ages! I think granola, yoghurt, fruit and some honey is such a yummy filling breakfast but the calories means I've never bought it! After looking at how well weebuns has done with no counting on non fast days and still lost over 90lbs I feel she'll find maintenance such a doddle, where as I'm still struggling to allow myself to trust in me. So...... Today I bought granola! And trail mix! And as much as I had already weighed and counted breakfast I haven't with lunch or dinner! I had pikelets with yoghurt, banana and blueberries for breakfast, snak was 4 x digestive, a syrup waffle and lunch was a reduced fat coleslaw and chicken wrap with a cup a soup, tea was a marks Indian for one then a few Cadbury caramel nibbles whilst watching movie. I didn't count how many haha. Was so alien to me and I haven't finished the bag. I'm working tomorrow 11-3 so I've planned a Sunday fast :) now food pics! Xxx

image-3521205849.jpg

And I left most of the rice from tea! I need to give it a fair crack to see if it works. Wish me luck xxx

Attachments

• image-2112209582.jpg
    image-2112209582.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 52
  • image-2944063217.jpg
    image-2944063217.jpg
    698.2 KB · Views: 59
Good luck, and well done. It's an extremely tough step but totally the right move. I am also throwing away the cal counting for this week (except on fast days!) ....but last time I tried I only managed half a day!

I am also going to stop daily weighing....gulp!

I think this is great! I don't calorie count at all - allow myself to eat what I fancy so long as I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. I just let the scales tell me whether I'm eating too much then I reign back on the naughty stuff (booze, choc, cake etc) for a while till it starts to head in the right direction :)

Thanks ladies. I'm pleased with my decision. I just need to trust in it completely. I'll weigh sat, then next sat to see how it suits me. Today's fast is successful on 486. 2 x scanbran, 1/2 pot ww strawberry cheesecake yog, 15g blueberries and a black coffee for breakfast, same for snack when I got in after work, tea was glorious skinny autumn soup and 1 x scan bran, pud was a 10cal blackcurrant jelly, 10cal orange jelly, 49g raspberries and 51g strawberries. All very filling but no water except what was in coffee. Going to have a green tea now. Xxx

image-119301615.jpg

Attachments

• image-2603345725.jpg
    image-2603345725.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 41
  • image-2199102642.jpg
    image-2199102642.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 37
  • image-1523523752.jpg
    image-1523523752.jpg
    583.4 KB · Views: 40
Thanks Lexie. I've planned my food tomorrow ( not on mfp ) I'm having granola, trail mix, ww yog and a skinny latte for breakfast, tea will be slim rice and hubby's homemade chicken curry and snacks will be scan bran, peanut butter and banana. Will take pics of everything that'll pass my lips :) xxx

Fab food day today. Granola, trail mix, weight watchers yog and a skinny latte for breakfast, no lunch break today, had 2 x scan bran with peanut butter and banana before clubbercise then had some homemade chicken curry with slim rice and diet lemonade, finished off with 2 x scan bran with some more peanut butter. Feeling satisfied. Will plan my fast cals for tomorrow xxx

image-3951852965.jpg

Attachments

• image-2159385572.jpg
    image-2159385572.jpg
    612.1 KB · Views: 44
  • image-2033336746.jpg
    image-2033336746.jpg
    579.6 KB · Views: 43
  • image-2621289587.jpg
    image-2621289587.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 48
Thanks weebuns. I'll never know unless I try. And as long as mindful of meals and not mindless grazing I hope I'm fine. Fast day finished on 493! Scan bran with 1/2 ww lemon tart yog and raspberries for breakfast, tea was fish inspirations and slim noodles, snack 2 x scan bran with remaining yog and 24g strawberries and a10cal jelly. Fast number 2 done! Xxx

image-2604147160.jpg

Attachments

• image-2433530963.jpg
    image-2433530963.jpg
    706.9 KB · Views: 42
  • image-300106317.jpg
    image-300106317.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 39
  • image-2055810266.jpg
    image-2055810266.jpg
    542.9 KB · Views: 40
Ooh a fellow clubberciser. What do you think to it? I love it!!! Only problem for me is that hubby is not always home in time for me to go to class

I love it Lexie. Really love it! Booked in again next week. Food today has been good, another no count day. Breakfast was granola, trail mix, we yoghurt and a skinny latte, lunch was a costa skinny latte with 1/2 chicken n bacon toastie, and 2 mini blueberry muffins, tea was skinnylicious goa soup and snack was 2 x scan bran, peanut butter and a banana :) worked 7-7 today so a bit tired haha xxx

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1422475818.902790.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1422475846.928012.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1422475871.578361.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1422475892.030668.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Carried whats trail mix? I have to say looking at your scan bran with peanut butter and banana' is making me want to eat mine that are un opened lol

Lisa it's so yummy! You need to indulge in the peanut banana scan bran combo. Trail mix is dried fruit really ( just a mix ) with nuts. It's so yummy xxx

Lisa it's so yummy! You need to indulge in the peanut banana scan bran combo. Trail mix is dried fruit really ( just a mix ) with nuts. It's so yummy xxx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I have actually got everything in, maybe I will have if for breakkie tomorrow :)

I'm at class this week. Think my favourite is Rita Ora hot right now do you do that one?

Your food is looking great & you seem so much more relaxed x

My youngest has finally had a diagnosis of ADHD after 4 years of tests and assessments, starting in Edinburgh when he was 5. I know it doesn't change him it's just sad that it's a stereotype that we think of when a child is labelled with ADHD. Everybody thinks naughty lad, uncontrollable which isn't Conor at all. It's not behavioural at all. Just his learning and concentration. He's such a loving wee boy. I'm just sad for him. They want to medicate him with methylphenidate as a morning dose to aid his concentration at school. They feel it was his bacterial meningitis as a baby that may have caused it. I know it won't change him but I'd hate him to be treated differently. Time will tell I suppose xxx

Oh hun, at least you have a diagnosis, I know it won't be easy but don't let others ignorance get you down, hopefully the medication will help him at school xx

Today's food. Granola, trail mix, yog breakfast with skinny latte, fishcakes, carrot n swede ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1422568241.201473.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1422568272.273136.jpgmash and reduced fat coleslaw for tea, some of Conor's choc reindeer cause he knows I love choc, a doughnut and 3 of hubby's peppermint creams. 2 x large green teas and a glass of coke zero xxx

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1422568210.578933.jpg

Oh hun, at least you have a diagnosis, I know it won't be easy but don't let others ignorance get you down, hopefully the medication will help him at school xx

Thanks Lisa, a difficult day cause as much we knew it was coming it was still a shock to hear xxx

Back