maintenance with 5:2

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. And your post really did provide some comfort. I know I'm too hard on myself and I agree if it was someone else I'd be offering wise words, and telling them to be kind to themselves. I'm struggling because I can't pin point exactly why I'm feeling so low. My calories are fine, I don't feel outta control, I'm not over exercising which I've been really guilty of in the past. Work is tough ( that's not unusual though ) and the children are so settled. And of course
Still truly madly deeply in love with hubby so why? It doesn't make sense. The more I try to look for a reason the worse I'm feeling cause thee is none. If I could sleep for the weekend I would. Xxx

I think sometimes we all feel that way - everything feels fine but we're just sad and it is really hard not knowing why. You're certainly not alone in that.

I do genuinely think that your hormones from all the exercise could be at fault though. Even if you're not 'over' exercising you still need rest days. I know you'll find it really hard to accept that, but you have to be kind to yourself and see if that helps. Our bodies can take a lot but they do need time to recuperate and if you're not having any rest days (and I mean proper rest not just doing less) your immune system will suffer and thats bound to have an effect on how you feel.

You can of course tell me I don't know what I'm talking about and decide you can't bear to have days with absolutely no exercise, but there's nothing to lose by giving it a go.

I agree with you. Your prob right. I will try and rest eeek. Hubby tells me off all the time cause I'm always doing something. Never sitting still. I do think as well that because I decided I was going to have Sunday as a rest day, I've just felt it's not coming quick enough and it's soooo needed. Och I don't know the reason lol. I need to stop trying to figure it out and hope after a wee break that I'll be fine lol. Thanks so much xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I agree with you. Your prob right. I will try and rest eeek. Hubby tells me off all the time cause I'm always doing something. Never sitting still. I do think as well that because I decided I was going to have Sunday as a rest day, I've just felt it's not coming quick enough and it's soooo needed. Och I don't know the reason lol. I need to stop trying to figure it out and hope after a wee break that I'll be fine lol. Thanks so much xxx

Sounds like a good plan :) Maybe plan your rest days each week in the way you plan your fast days so you don't feel you're just being lazy when you don't exercise, you're successfully sticking to plan.

I hope you feel better very soon. And do remember, you look totally amazing (both slim and toned) and you must take time to appreciate that instead of always thinking you could look better, as I imagine most women would love to look the way you do now.

Right Mrs I prescribe a nice day of food eating what you fancy, snuggles with Mr tonight & a big glass of wine. Are you putting too much pressure on yourself? You are simply beautiful & look fantastic & although we don't know what our scales currently weigh I am sure you will weigh something absolutely perfect. Massive hugs & stop beating yourself up xx

I echo this entirely. Your body is telling you to STOP! Just for a bit.. Please listen sweetie xx

I hope you don't mind me commenting but from an outsiders perspective it just seems you put an awful awful lot of pressure on yourself to be perfect all the time, and with what sounds like a v busy life, that's just not possible all the time. I'm also not really sure why you're pressuring yourself to lose more weight when you already look absolutely phenomenal and are super toned - your arms and abs are amazing! I know we all have a 'number' in mind and above that we don't feel like we're 'there yet' but believe me when I say you look like you're definitely there! You're totally gorgeous and I genuinely wouldn't say that if I didn't believe it as I don't think it's fair to tell people they look perfect already if they've still got a way to go. I've been doing a ton of research on exercise lately as I've just finished an VLCD (including all the stabilisation) and am working out how to maintain and it really seems like too much can be counterproductive. Any more than a hour of moderate exercise 5 times a week is known to suppress your immune system and mess up your hormones and anything high intensity (which it sounds like you really do) ends up in the release of stress hormones. You probably already know all this, and I might be out of line suggesting it, but could you perhaps realign your goal to be exercise 5 times a week and treat your 2 rest days like your fast days; you don't love doing them, but they're necessary to keep you happy and healthy? Apologies I'm if crossing the line and commenting when I don't really know you but as I said, from an outside perspective you're already where you need to be physically as you look stunning, and I just think if you saw someone else feeling the same pressure you're putting on yourself you might stay the same thing. Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I agree with this too xx sorry if you don't want to hear it but I care about you and from an outsiders perspective you do too much, put your poor body under too much strain.. Maybe just eat healthy for a few weeks and exercise less and try and rest. You can go back to eating hardly anything and exercising your tits off after a break if you really want to ;)

Gonna have a planned break and exercise rest days will be sun/ thurs after this wee break. Gonna try to not count calories this weekend either. Just this once lol. That service will resume. I don't feel like I do a lot of exercise, ( I've been known to do cardio before and after work and then thigh, ab and squat challenge along with 30mins to 1hr hula ) but I know with doing it every day it can be seen as a tad too much but please believe me when I say I love it. The high when I'm doing it is amazing. Maybe I need to do it more? Haha only playing. Hopefully after a few non counting, measuring and burning cals it get me revved up again. Or totm comes and I wonder what all the fuss was about. Thanks ladies xxx

Of course I believe you - post exercise endorphins are the best! But as with all things that give us a high they are best enjoyed in moderation :)

I love exercise too! Started up the gym 6 weeks ago when I started stabilisation on my diet and I feel phenomenal on the days I've done it! I did start thinking I'd do it most days but my husbands PT is a cage fighter and he said normal people ie not athletes preparing for something need 2 rest days a week (regardless of how much exercise they do each day) or their immune system weakens and their stress hormones go through the roof.

Funnily enough, he's always flipping ill despite being super fit as he does have to train every day for his job. He also really struggles to recover from injuries. So I'm listening to the professional!

Your plan sounds great Carrie. Hope you enjoy your more laid back weekend!

Gotta listen to the professionals eh? Damn haha. I know my mood will lift but I just want it to lift right now lol xxx

Stop looking for a reason babe you could drive yourself mad doing so when sometimes there is just no reason, it happens! Try & have a gun family weekend beautiful x

Sending you hugs carrie, don't be so hard on yourself, you have done amazing, and I am sure you will have a big smile on your face come Easter when you step on those scales xxx

Just feel the way you feel don't fight it and it will soon lift :) my acupuncturist told me us women have a very natural cycle of up moods and down moods - it's all related to hormones apparently xx

Some lovely kind words of advice here for you Carrie hopefully you'll have a lovely chilled out weekend and that will do wonders for you Xxx

You's are all so lovely and wonderful. I do feel calmer tonight. Could've been the wine.... Lol xxx

20 sleeps till weigh in and the plan is on. This weekend was totally off plan. And to be fair I do feel better for it. Was around 6000 cals over the weekend ( eeeeeeeek ) but it's out my system and these 3 weeks till Easter Sunday is going to be intense. Mon/wed/fri 500 cal fast days tue/thurs/sun 1650 cal days sat 2500 LIMIT! no choc mid week! Only sat night. Shred mon/tues/wed/fri Charlotte sat rest days thurs/sun clubbercise mon Pilates Tuesdays and that's it for 3 weeks! No excuses xxx here's some pics from the weekend xxx

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1426487857.266739.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1426487879.233453.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1426487911.147272.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1426487941.882839.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1426487971.548825.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1426487992.910199.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1426488024.503030.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1426488049.748068.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1426488067.803373.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1426488086.206519.jpg

I gave up all refined sugar for lent - when can I have some again? Is it Easter Sunday? I have a cadburys caramel Easter egg in the cupboard:)

I have an intense month coming up too. Two weeks at 1200 calories a day. I need to kick the binging habit and remind myself that cheat days are not for people with weight to lose still. Cheat days are for people maintaining! It makes it too hard to get that calorie deficit if I have 1-2 cheat days a week.

Going to see where I am after the 2 weeks. I'm sure I can do it :)

You'll definitely nail it CC :)

Oh Carrie, I'm pleased you had a rest and a break and I'm delighted to see you have scheduled 2 rest days from exercise from now on but what concerns me is you seem to be "right, now I've had a rest I need to work even harder" when you don't.. 3 fast days seems a little overkill when you are already so slim :(

Hope you don't mind my honesty x

I said I'd continue with 4:3 till I saw 9.2 on the scales lol. I'm going with it till I weigh on Easter Sunday. I've put 2 rest days in. A little bit at a time lol. I've always been all or nothing but I'm trying to find balance. If I change too much at once it's hard to see what is and isn't working. It's taken me a long time to maintain this size I need to change small things little bits at a time xxx

Back