• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Making Porridge??

Is it OK to microwave it until it bubbles and rises?

This is how I make it and it comes out yummy.

I mix it in a litre size jug with warm water using the hand blender for about 30 seconds, then pour it into a microwavable bowl and put it in the microwave for 1 min 15 sec until it starts to bubble up. When it cools it goes really thick and yummy.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Shadaca

Silver Member
I thought you were meant to microwave it for longer - you must have a fab machine!

I don't blitz mine because it comes out like rubber, I mix it and then microwave for 40 sec, let settle then the final 20 seconds.

I love my porridge!

KD

Gone fishing
You shouldn't really m/wave it for more than one minute.

The porridge is the only CD meal that can be m/waved for more than 15 seconds (think it's 15 seconds anyway). But one minute is the limit for porridge

ooo i love the porridge, had it 3 times a day sometimes. I add 220ml water, half tsp cocoa (doesn't take me out of ketosis) and microwave 1min, come out slighly lumpy and lovely and runny lol....just how i like it :)

Hi i love the porridge the plain one and apple & cinnamin one too, I microwave it for a min & it comes out great, i think its the best one out of them all :)

Katycakes

Stubborn tortoise
I am the weirdo who has no microwave... panicked at first and though I couldn't have the porridge, but tried it on cooker top and it works fine. I use a very gentle heat from cold and mix the whole time, and never let it get anywhere near boiling so hopefully the nutritional content isn't affected. It comes out fab and I have it with nutmeg or cinnamon. Yum!